Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
While I'm at it, can someone recommend a good value D-lock or other big beasty lock? I'm getting this to stick on my seatpost for when I leave my bike outside lectures/shops etc., but I'm after something a bit heavier duty for when I lock it up at night.

I've not been into bikes for yeeeears but I always remember Kryptonite being highly regarded—that's still true, right?

Soldato
Breamy said:
kryptonite have changed all the locks now and that lock is highly rated in every test. i would say that one but im bias
The second ones not kryptonite, but looks like the ones that were getting bic'd. I think they must have been made by a third party, because they're were both Oxford and Kryptonite locks which look like that one, and both were bic'able ;).

Caporegime
robmiller said:

I have the first one, it's veru solid and its not bic-able.

82457img0644122476lodu3.jpg

Associate
New Bike

New Bike

After much test riding trying to find a more XC orientated bike to replace my coiler, but still be reasonably tough I finally decided on that luvly Orange Five you see above.

Spec:
Orange Five 2006 Frame
Fox Float R
Manitou 3-Way Swinger
Hope Mono Minis
Race Face Evolve XC Cranks
Shimano Hollowtech II BB
Shimano XT F/R Mechs
Shimano XT Rapidfire+ Shifter Pods
Shimano XT Cassette
SRAM PC-991 Chain
Kore Stem
Kore Riser Bars
Richley Seatpost
Kore Pedals
WTB Speeddisc Rims
Hope Pro II Hubs

Been riding her in wales for the last 9 days and its been a complete dream! Feel much more confident and climbing has improved no end thanks to the weight reduction over the coiler.

I tried a stumpy expert and a trek ex9 when looking around, but they both didn't work as well as the orange did. The looks and the more burly build were also importantly in favor of the orange as well as the fact its better designed for British mud which I seem to ride in way too often.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
CRW_8466-01.jpg

Look! A real bike!

Just kidding, but its my new bike I got for Christmas.

From what I have been able to work out its a 2001 Trek 1400. Shimano 105 components apart from the Calipers which are Tiagra. Rather odd, skimping on the brakes. Still, I'll get some replacements soon.

Soldato
My trials/uni/mucking about bike.

DSC_00061504x1000.jpg

DSC_00021504x1000.jpg

Ignore housemate's undies on the drying rack thing.

EDIT:

Raymond Lin said:
I have the first one, it's veru solid and its not bic-able.

82457img0644122476lodu3.jpg

Ah. I bought this from your recommandation. Very impressed with it! It's seriously meateh, should anyone break into our house that's probably the first thing I'll reach for as a weapon also :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom