*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Soldato
OP
Being a key worker, not so much changes for me... although I was off last week and did A LOT of cycling at the start of the week. My weight does seem to have plateau'd at this point. The graph on my tracker still has a downward trend, so I guess we'll wait and see, but this morning I weighed in at 15st 3, having been down around 14st 12 at the end of last week. I have generally been eating a few more calories though.

I'm finding, if I have a good day, perhaps I get through my evening meal on about 2,200 cals, I'm just so hungry in the evening I keep snacking more and quite often I'm waking up around 1:30am and have a biscuit or two then too. This is definitely what I need to cut down on as too often I'm consuming 1,000+ calories in the last hour before bed! (Not all of it bad, I always have a bowl of porridge for example)

Caporegime
Bit of a wake up call for me this morning. Nearly back in triple digit kilograms! My binge week has ended and it was really bad. 400g carbs and 3800 kcalls yesterday. So I’m checking in at 99.7kg at the start of April.

From today, I reduce my carbs to 130g or less and we’ll see what happens.

Caporegime
:(

What height are you?

5'10" when I'm lying down. :D BMI is 32-ish.

But I feel really good about this now. My enabler has been disabled by this coronavirus quarantine so there really should be no more tempting items in the house for me to scoff. Last week was totally my own fault though, I did an online shopping order and went mad ordering Gu puddings and pizza. This week, I've got nothing but Huel, meat/fish and vegetables.

Soldato
OP
While this COVID-19 situation is going on, my work has opened up the dinning room for free... which is really messing with my calories!!! It's so hard to resist when it doesn't even cost. It almost seems like I'm wasting the opportunity!

Mind you, I'm cranking up the cycling miles now the weather is nice, so maybe I accept I will eat around 4,000 calories a day, because most days I'm burning about 900-1,200 out cycling!

Soldato
Has anyone tried DDP yoga? Seem to be some impressive success stories, and while I'm stuck inside for the next 3 months I'm quite tempted to give it a go, alongside sorting my diet out.

Associate
5'10" when I'm lying down. :D BMI is 32-ish.

But I feel really good about this now. My enabler has been disabled by this coronavirus quarantine so there really should be no more tempting items in the house for me to scoff. Last week was totally my own fault though, I did an online shopping order and went mad ordering Gu puddings and pizza. This week, I've got nothing but Huel, meat/fish and vegetables.
Huel makes me feel very sad.

Caporegime
I just couldnt get on with it.

Oh. I’ve felt like that at the beginning when I was sitting on the bog. It upset my system but it seems to have settled down now. I don’t have any problem with the taste so it makes a perfect post-exercise breakfast. But it doesn’t fill me up for more than a couple of hours so I have to really resist snacking.

Associate
Oh. I’ve felt like that at the beginning when I was sitting on the bog. It upset my system but it seems to have settled down now. I don’t have any problem with the taste so it makes a perfect post-exercise breakfast. But it doesn’t fill me up for more than a couple of hours so I have to really resist snacking.
Hmm for me it was more the taste. I would sit there and it would take me like 4-5 hours to slowly drink it because every mouthful was torture :D I have had much more success by meal prepping with chicken.

Soldato
OP
Which flavours did you try? I actually look forward to mine. For me it's a little like if someone said McDonald's shakes were good for you and you have to have them for every evening meal.... okay, sure!

Soldato
It depends how you make it too. If I use out nutribullet it’s a huge amount more enjoyable than with just the shaker.

I’ve had a fairly ropey week. Haven’t been running much as I hit my head and was getting dizzy but still eating a lot. Especially over the weekend and probably averaged ~3500 calories per day.

Weighed myself this morning and was 96kg which is still a drop from last week. I think sometimes little blips probably help reset your body’s system somehow!

Caporegime
I like weighing myself every day as I keep a spreadsheet to draw nice graphs. But then it makes me sad when my weight goes up as it seems to do - up one day, down the next two, etc. Luckily, it's going in the right direction. I've managed to undo all the **** in the last few months so I'm back to where I was on Christmas Eve before it all went wrong.

I've been reading about the 5:2 diet so might give that a try next month to mix things up.

Caporegime
Decided to start the 5:2 diet anyway, today. It's just past noon. I've not eaten anything at all yet so I've been fasting for 18 hours already. I know you're allowed 600kcals (or even 800 on his new, updated version) but I'm going to test myself to see if I can get through the whole day without eating anything, just drinking water.

If you don't hear from me by tomorrow, call 999. LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom