*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Soldato
Feel like i need to use you as my competition buddy! I was 103.5kg this morning. Not seeing much movement at all in the last month despite increased activity. My main issue is the whole "be good for 6 days, then day 7 destroys it all"

I do still think i should've lost "something" by now though which i guess shows how little awareness i have of what i eat. For example, MFP shows 2762kcal for yesterday vs my target of 1500kcal. I didn't really do any exercise and only ~6000steps. Breakfast and Lunch were reasonable at 500-600 per meal, but then i had a pizza for tea (maybe even a bit more since i ate some of the wifes) and half a bottle of red wine.

No snacks throughout the day, but the pizza/wine absolutely destroyed it!
sounds like a good idea !!

my wife stopped me from ordering chineese last night ...cycling back home i was thinking of spicy ribs and spicy wings with house special fried rice... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
luckliy she was the voice of reason hahah
this morning 223.6 so still around 101 mark...ate a lot of peanuts on wednesday after sports massage/physio and that moved me to 225 :rolleyes: salt et all...

big deadlift session again tomorrow...so weight wont shift - and longer cycle on Sunday planned

lets go for 99kg @Martynt74

Soldato
wife dragged me to gym yesterday...so even though i wasnt ready in head i went and went for the session planned for tomorrow.

that didnt go well at all...my signature side pain came back... eneded up on 5x130kg and stopped whole session.

few hours later came to the conclusion that its my quad pulling. tense as F...
better this morning but still not there

so break from gym to make sure i recover and stretching the quads...

i just hope i will be able to cycle tomorrow - whole day on bike in the position wont help.

Caporegime
Been back in the gym after a 4 year hiatus since Jan 1st. Started a weight gain/weight loss challenge with a Gen Z colleague who weighed 75kg and I weighed 107kg so the goal was to meet in the middle at 91kg. He's added 3kg so far, I've lost 10.5kg with a mixture of weights, tennis, 10,000+ steps a day and a calorie deficit I've been incredibly strict with.

I've got a family history of high blood pressure and strokes on both sides of the family and it was as high as 167/98 in November when I weighed 113.4kg but I've got it down to 134/77 as of a couple of Sundays ago. Resting heart rate's also dropped 20 BPM and is now 49 BPM and it's the lightest I've been since I started lifting in 2005.

Gonna beat my colleague and then focus on strength again and put around a stone back on. My deadlift's are progressing nicely but my squat and bench are puny compared to my PBs and my ego can't handle it :D

Soldato
Screw food.

Apparently burned 2300kcal on today bike ride and MFP is still showing me over calories!

Not helped by no lunch so starving and then went to a restaurant and ordered a full rack of ribs and fudge cake!
How much did you weigh after the ride ??
221.4lbs which is 100.4kg ! Here

A lot of it's water sweated out...

If I go with Strava calories I've burned 5.5k

But without PM we know we can't trust it.
137km cycled.
Let's think 2k cals to burn

Soldato
How much did you weigh after the ride ??
221.4lbs which is 100.4kg ! Here

A lot of it's water sweated out...

If I go with Strava calories I've burned 5.5k

But without PM we know we can't trust it.
137km cycled.
Let's think 2k cals to burn

Didn't actually weigh myself post ride, as i was trying to rush getting ready after a puncture delayed me and the fact we'd agreed i'd be home in time to go out at 12 for some kitchen showrooms. My wife had prepared a list only for her to realise around 11:30 that everything shuts at 2pm on a Saturday here!

I then spent yesterday digging out soil at my parents and breaking down a wall. Was full of thick 3" roots in every direction which made it tough and required a lot of time swinging a pick axe. Spent around 5 hours before calling it a day and heading home as it's a ~90minute journey. Probably didn't have a great day. Not bad but lots of bread with each meal, but then after getting home i opened (and drank) a bottle of wine, but figured it was fine due to the amount of calories i must've burned digging.

Woke up this morning and i was 105.1kg :( Am hoping it's just a weird blip and my hope is that Wednesday will settle around 103kg which would mean actual progress.

Last edited:
Soldato
Didn't actually weigh myself post ride, as i was trying to rush getting ready after a puncture delayed me and the fact we'd agreed i'd be home in time to go out at 12 for some kitchen showrooms. My wife had prepared a list only for her to realise around 11:30 that everything shuts at 2pm on a Saturday here!

I then spent yesterday digging out soil at my parents and breaking down a wall. Was full of thick 3" roots in every direction which made it tough and required a lot of time swinging a pick axe. Spent around 5 hours before calling it a day and heading home as it's a ~90minute journey. Probably didn't have a great day. Not bad but lots of bread with each meal, but then after getting home i opened (and drank) a bottle of wine, but figured it was fine due to the amount of calories i must've burned digging.

Woke up this morning and i was 105.1kg :( Am hoping it's just a weird blip and my hope is that Wednesday will settle around 103kg which would mean actual progress.
to a degree will be carbs from bread holding water and after physical excercise like your garedning, muscles will retain it as well...

bring on tomorrow.

i was 222.8lbs this morning so not much change here either LOL

Associate
In preparation for Easter (we always receive loads) I bought a chocolate fondue set; the plan is to melt half an egg a time and share it rather than bingeing the lot.

Soldato
OP
Post trip weight is 15st 3, which isn't too bad. Only actually put on 1lb while away, but I pre-empted that by putting on 5lbs just before going. (I usually come back 6lbs heavier due to eating lots more while away) About to go away for easter too, so I think I'll kind of just wait and get properly back on it after Easter.

Associate
Coming in here to hold myself to task a bit as I need to buck my ideas up a bit.

Weighed just under 95kg this morning after dropping down from my peak of 105kg 2 years ago but was as low as 85 a year ago.

My diet is ok ish (i think) my 2 biggest problems are the size of my appetite, I can and do eat a lot, generally ok stuff but just lots of it.

The 2nd problem is lack of exercise compared to when I was at my lowest. I do a bit but just not as much as I did. I get my 10,000 steps practically every day but I stopped my running over the winter and didn’t swim as regularly.

I think my problem is I do too much exercise which can make me knackered or not enough I just can’t get the balance right.

I’ve signed up for my first half marathon in Sep which I know I can do with some consistent training but I really need to make the change now.

My target is to get back to the 85kg for the half marathon in Sep. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom