*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Caporegime
Ha ha, fair. Assuming you don't mean in a literal sense though (it lets you use Quarterly, right?) I would still be looking at that as a minimum. It's not about the period of time it covers, it's about what each point represents. In monthly it shows each individual measure, which we're saying isn't very good to monitor. Switch to quarterly and keep an eye on your weekly average, which you should have 3 or 4 of by now :cool:

Well, it seems the app only shows Week, Month and 6 months...it might change to quarterly if there is data between 1-6 months? I don't know yet.

Soldato
OP
I guess the iOS app is just different. I know I'd be using the 6m view though. As it is, I tend to look at the annual view more (month ave), but sometimes check in on the Quarterly (weekly ave).

Soldato
finally a weight drop..2lbs.. strange in a way as i usually weigh bit more after the gym or same..and yesterday session took all the crap out of me. I was dying at home ..maybe it had something to do with deadlifts on Sunday as well :rolleyes: :cry:
so now 101.6kg

Last edited:
Associate
Started at 16 stone 9 on 8 Jan, down to 15 stone 7 today so 16 pounds lost. Aiming to get to 14 stone by end of June.

Main things I've changed are

Exercise (peloton) 4 times a week for 30 mins
Rowing
No alcohol
No takeaways
Lean meats and veg
Low carb and low sugar, similar to keto
Only drinking water and coffee

Have joined the gym as well for strength training but finding it hard to find the time to go.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have been working at the gym since October doing weights. I've gone down from 18 stone 10lb to 16 stone 3lb so far
I have mostly cut carbs from my diet to aid the loss.

I do around an hours weights at the gym 6 days a week. I have gained some muscle so the fat loss I would say is more than 3 stone of blubber

Last edited:
Soldato
Do any of you track your carb intake or just go purely via calories?
I'm tracking carbs more than cals.

I was going to the gym daily and eating less 2k cals but not losing weight. I then after 3 months reviewed my diet and saw even though low cals it was a lot of carbs. So I cut carbs but kept cals at 2k and the weight flew off.

Now I aim for sub 50g a carbs a day and under 1750 cals. It's working for me with weight training.

Last edited:
Soldato
Here is my weight history over the past 2 years.

Last October I was 18 stone 10lb.
Today to date, I'm 16 stone 2lb.

My goal is to get under 14stone by the end of the year.

MwMyOqF.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
I really need to lose some weight again... I know what I need to do (eat less, especially carbs/ sweet treats, drink less, get out of my flat a bit more often), but as with most people, it's easier said than done :D

@blairw - thanks in particular for sharing those photos, I've been obese most of my adult life and was starting to think I was too far gone, but I'm currently not much worse than your 'before' pic (124kg/6 foot) and it's restored some hope that I can do better, I'd love to look like your 'after' pic :)

Soldato
I really need to lose some weight again... I know what I need to do (eat less, especially carbs/ sweet treats, drink less, get out of my flat a bit more often), but as with most people, it's easier said than done :D

@blairw - thanks in particular for sharing those photos, I've been obese most of my adult life and was starting to think I was too far gone, but I'm currently not much worse than your 'before' pic (124kg/6 foot) and it's restored some hope that I can do better, I'd love to look like your 'after' pic :)
I think the most important part of it is the time - that is like 18 months of progress, some ups and downs, path isn't linear etc - my big shift has been around making sure this is for the long term, don't expect results in 30, 60, 90 days but keep doing what you need to do and 300 days is a dramatic difference

Associate
I think the most important part of it is the time - that is like 18 months of progress, some ups and downs, path isn't linear etc - my big shift has been around making sure this is for the long term, don't expect results in 30, 60, 90 days but keep doing what you need to do and 300 days is a dramatic difference
Oh absolutely, I've been able to lose weight before and appreciate the time it takes (although I did lose 5 stone in around 7 months a few years ago, but that was on keto so I think mostly water/glycogen, it came back far too easily)!
I was mostly thinking I was 'too far gone' in terms of loose skin etc, but it looks like you don't have that issue, or at least that it's not as visible as I'd feared.

How old are you by the way (if you don't mind the question!)? - That's another aspect as I'm 38 now and it feels harder than it did 8-10 years ago... I'm also less mobile than I was back then so cardio is more difficult, but I could definitely do with clearing the PC spares off my weight bench and getting back on track with that.

edit: I'm aiming to lose 25-30KG overall, but if I can hit 5-10kg by the end of summer I'll be very happy, even if it's a bit less than that it's still a vast improvement!

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh absolutely, I've been able to lose weight before and appreciate the time it takes (although I did lose 5 stone in around 7 months a few years ago, but that was on keto so I think mostly water/glycogen, it came back far too easily)!
I was mostly thinking I was 'too far gone' in terms of loose skin etc, but it looks like you don't have that issue, or at least that it's not as visible as I'd feared.

How old are you by the way (if you don't mind the question!)? - That's another aspect as I'm 38 now and it feels harder than it did 8-10 years ago... I'm also less mobile than I was back then so cardio is more difficult, but I could definitely do with clearing the PC spares off my weight bench and getting back on track with that.

edit: I'm aiming to lose 25-30KG overall, but if I can hit 5-10kg by the end of summer I'll be very happy, even if it's a bit less than that it's still a vast improvement!
I've just turned 35, and that's me at the 25KG down... no loose skin at the moment but I am not as lean as I will be when I get to "goal" so I suspect I may end up with a small pouch of skin of sorts, I will have more pics in May/June when I get there

Soldato
OP
Thanks, had let things slide too far as I had a pooey couple of years but hoping I can get back on top of it :)
I was 45 when I went from 138kg to about 95kg. I'm 49 now and weighed in at 94.5kg this morning. It is about changing your lifestyle though. I work very hard these days to stay in shape. I eat about 2,600 cals a day on average, but I probably average over 1,000 cals burnt in exercise each day. (At the moment at least)

Soldato
Checking in. I’ve got to a pretty static 105kg (5kg) down by being more conscious on the snacks at work and starting to up the exercise. Muscle mass seems to be going up which is good and I feel a bit fitter.

Two reflections from consciously focusing on this:

1. My evening habit of eating peanut butter out of a tub (unsweetened) is probably my biggest diet challenge as I suspect it’s adding a solid 3-400 calories. It’s about my favourite food (weird!) though it’s going to have to go as it’s just a bad habit.

2. Exercise - fitting it in round the job and kids. We have both a peloton and a peloton guide. Getting quite into the guide for strength and core training but the bike I can take or leave. Think I’ll need to get back to swimming as that’s the one exercise over my adult life I’ve consistently stuck to.

Onwards I go.

Caporegime
I don't think i mentioned this, the reason I got started in this weight loss again was because 4 weeks ago I went to get some new trousers, same size as the one I was wearing, 34" and the new pair didn't fit. I thought "same size, it will fit", but it didn't. I was too lazy to go back to swap and knew I had to anyway so I thought just lose weight.

Today I could button it up!

Also, checking in.

lOWyaisl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yesterday morning I weighed in at 14st 10, so still dropping a few more lbs and now I'm in the weird place where I have to eat more, ready for lots of cycling from Thursday. Normally I get hungry about now and it's a battle of wills to not eat. I wasn't hungry but just made myself eat a toasted bagel with biscoff spread! What a nightmare!

Back
Top Bottom