*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Soldato
moving etc is so stressful that I dont blame you for eating whatever you can get hold on to..

unwind, relax, and eat clean ;)

you've got this

Plus if you saw my office right now you'd see an absolute dumping ground of mess! End of May we'll be fully settled i reckon with new furniture finally delivered.

Last edited:
Soldato
bet it is not worse than my current office or desk at home haha

Hmmm challenge accepted?

7QiUE8H.png

Soldato
Cheeky early weigh-in this morning just to check the damage from 4 days of chronic over-eating on the bank holiday weekend, and I'm about 4oz heavier.
This is mental, considering I'm weighing in after breakfast + my morning snack + loads of fluids. I usually weigh in first thing, before taking anything on board except a bit of water.

I'm out for a curry with a mate tonight so have tried to be good during the day + get leg day and cardio in at lunch time, but if I want to stay on track, I have to cut out the poppadoms and the post curry McFlurry.... Can it be done?!?!?

I've got an FA training course over the weekend, so Saturday + Sunday should realistically be in deficit, so I'm trying not to punish myself too much tonight!

Soldato
@Karl - enjoy the curry! Perhaps choose one indulgence (poppadom or McFlurry)? Don’t double carb at the restaurant (rice OR bread). You got this!

Think I might squeeze in a quick cardio gym session on my way home. Don’t think I’ve got time for a full weights session, but might be able to do that tomorrow.

@Martynt74 - get unpacked, get your Zen space and push on. Sounds like you’re really getting some focus now.

Soldato
@Martynt74 - get unpacked, get your Zen space and push on. Sounds like you’re really getting some focus now.

Yeah, lounge is my space for that at night so we're good there. Hoping to get the outdoor kitchen/pool house cleaned up at the weekend and i can get my rower and squat rack in there too which i'm looking forward to.

Caporegime
I've finally managed to get my arse in gear this week. Inspired by some fitness freaks on TikTok, only eating wholesome natural foods. So far so good. I've just got two milk chocolate hob nobs out of the biscuit jar to have with a cup of tea and promptly put them back in. That's just eating for boredom sakes.

Soldato
Last night's curry went as well as expected. I let my mate act as sundries coordinator.
1 garlic & cheese naan, 1 saag aloo side, 2 curries, 1 rice, 4 poppadoms, all split 50/50, followed by a biscoff mcflurry & a coffee for afters.

Back to reality today :cry:

Soldato
89.6kg again this morning. Had a busy week with some sensible eating thrown in. It’s not my goal of 88kg (which we’ll get back to), but the positives at this point are that gym strength hasn’t fallen off in a similar fashion to before. I’m no power lifter, but 80kg 5x5 on the bench was fairly straightforward yesterday, this time last year after my initial weight loss it would have been 10% less. Starting to get out of the winter gloom which is also helping. Just a shame that I’ll not be able to take advantage of the great weather on my road bike.

Hope everyone’s had a good week!

Soldato
So I need to lose a stone from the stomach area.. Today is my last day of alcohol and I'm gona attempt to eat better. I'm pretty active anyway but I'm gona throw in some cardio but happy to hear what people know is the best form of that to burn fat..

I know you can't target fat loss so I'm just going for broad weight loss and I'll stick in some weight lifting on off days..

I'm happy to go running but should I be doing 5k runs in as quick as possible, or should I be doing 10k runs in as long as it takes or is swimming or cycling better?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
or should I be doing 10k runs in as long as it takes or is swimming or cycling better?
The longer the better. That's why I would say cycling is the best. Yesterday I cycled for about 6 hours, today for about 4. Whilst running puts my HR about 30 higher, there is no way I could do it for more than maybe an hour.

But... running is much easier to do, whereas cycling has a bit of a barrier to entry.

Caporegime
So I need to lose a stone from the stomach area.. Today is my last day of alcohol and I'm gona attempt to eat better. I'm pretty active anyway but I'm gona throw in some cardio but happy to hear what people know is the best form of that to burn fat..

I know you can't target fat loss so I'm just going for broad weight loss and I'll stick in some weight lifting on off days..

I'm happy to go running but should I be doing 5k runs in as quick as possible, or should I be doing 10k runs in as long as it takes or is swimming or cycling better?

Much easier to just start walking, even walking at normal pace.

I can walk for hours and hours and hours at my normal pace. Running do burn more calories but also harder on the joints, also need to consider routes, whereas walking I walk to shops, walk to supermarket, even browsing inside the supermarket counts. I also don't come home all sweaty either.

When I used to run, I could only do it 3 times a week and drive to work, run every other day roughly but I now go for walks daily (walking to work) and I hit about 5km walk daily.

5km walk x 7 is much better than 5km run x 3.

Last edited:
Soldato
@ChroniC - well done on starting your journey and making a commitment to getting healthier! Without a hard look at your diet I fear you’re not going to lose much around the belly. You might well get fitter and see some progress with a concerted exercise regime, but really nailing the diet will be the key here I would think.

As @Raymond Lin says - even walking will help if you’re doing it regularly. Making an extra journey on foot rather than in the car regularly would be great. It’s all part of a shakeup of your daily habits and routines.

Good luck!

Soldato
@ChroniC - well done on starting your journey and making a commitment to getting healthier! Without a hard look at your diet I fear you’re not going to lose much around the belly. You might well get fitter and see some progress with a concerted exercise regime, but really nailing the diet will be the key here I would think.

As @Raymond Lin says - even walking will help if you’re doing it regularly. Making an extra journey on foot rather than in the car regularly would be great. It’s all part of a shakeup of your daily habits and routines.

Good luck!

I already play golf twice a week and 5 aside football for an hour on a Monday.. So I do enough walking... I'm by no means unfit so gona hammer some running. Walking would be a bit to tame for me..

I've read up on a little bit that says run as fast as you can and then walk and rinse and repeat until your ******... I might adopt this method for as long as it takes.

My diet is absolutely disgraceful so anything will be an improvement. No alcohol, no fizzy drinks and less sugar is the plan till it's all gone.

Most people would say I'm skinny fat, but I know the real issue is that I'm now packing a ton of Visceral as now it's making me look a little pregnant..

Last edited:
Soldato
@ChroniC - yep, interval training will be especially good for your football fitness. Not as sustained a calorie burner as a long stint though. Depends on what you’re trying to achieve with your exercise. Sounds like your diet needs a proper look and you’ve identified some easy wins as a start.

Back
Top Bottom