Big headphones in public..look a fool?

Soldato
you will look like a ****ing idiot, get some good in ear headphones. I have Beyer Dynamics dt770 pros for home use and some Ultimate Ears triple fi 10 pro for out and about. Not a bad combo, never miss the beyers when I'm out

Soldato
I have the Sennheiser HD202 too, but I only really use them for gaming. As long as you're not dressed in a suit wearing them just more casual clothes you are fine.

Soldato
Tbh I think people look stupid with them, only seems like people have started doing this in the last few months as well?

And tbh I would hate to have overhead headphones in public, well out and about. Love in-ear ones, just wrap them up and put them in my pocket, can't do that with big ones.

Soldato
I would rather people wear big cans than spew out their music to others, ipod style. That said, I wear buds in public as they are less conspicuous.

Personaly, I say wear what you want as long as others can't hear your music.

Associate
As long as I cant hear it sitting next to you on the train I couldn't give a flying ****.

I HATE those people.

Haha I know what you mean; I was literally sat at the other end of the carriage and could hear music. I thought it was some ‘youth’ blasting music out of his phone/speakers. My stop came so I decide to walk the long way down the carriage and it was some 30 year out with some rubbish headphones. (The non in ear ones where everyone can hear everything). Very annoying especially if you’re trying to read or want a peaceful commute home from work.

Associate
Got myself some marshall ones, wear them all the time and absolutely love them!
marshall-major-headphones.jpg

Soldato
tbh i judge on the type of cans they are wearing i.e beats or bose ,average and very overpriced they havnt researched,skull candy (oh dear)
senn px100 or koss porta pro ,they have bought well ,beyers ultrasone (mine)
senn hd600/650 higher audio technicas ect ect ,im thinking prob head fiers

Soldato
I wear my Klipsch Image One's on the way home from work..but then again I see people wearing headphones (even huge 'cans) all the time in London. Including ridiculous yellow, red and blue etc coloured ones!

Soldato
dt770s_4.jpg

Home cans.

ipodue2.jpg

Out n about IEMs

I bet no one posting in this thread has anything that performs nearly as well as these IEMs in either isolation or sound quality terms that actually wear them out n about, yet still think it's a good idea to wear big cans for sound quality reasons.

Soldato
Who cares?! Youre the one whose gonna be enjoyin the good music. I feel big external headphones give tons better quality than weeny in-ear ones...well of course they do because you can chuck in a nice big driver in each phone. Having said that I have come across some very impressive in-ear ones. But gimme the externals any day. Bass booms more hee hee.

But yea..dont worry about how you will look, no one cares :)

Have you passed someone on the street lookin odd/wearing something odd...yup..you noted it for all of 5 secs and kept walking...

Soldato
I bet no one posting in this thread has anything that performs nearly as well as these IEMs in either isolation or sound quality terms that actually wear them out n about, yet still think it's a good idea to wear big cans for sound quality reasons.

How much did they cost?

Back
Top Bottom