Big headphones in public..look a fool?

Soldato
Who cares?! Youre the one whose gonna be enjoyin the good music. I feel big external headphones give tons better quality than weeny in-ear ones...well of course they do because you can chuck in a nice big driver in each phone. Having said that I have come across some very impressive in-ear ones. But gimme the externals any day. Bass booms more hee hee.

But yea..dont worry about how you will look, no one cares :)

Have you passed someone on the street lookin odd/wearing something odd...yup..you noted it for all of 5 secs and kept walking...

See the post directly above yours ;)

Soldato
I wear my big earphones when i'm outside as they cancel out the external noise a lot better than my in ears meaning I can have the volume lower and not ruin my hearing.

the answer there is get better in ears then, no over ears will come close to the isolation of decent IEMs that completely seal your canal.

Associate
Personally I don't see the point considering juts the convenience / hassle of carrying around big headphones that look a little outlandish but I don't judge anyone for it. After all if your going to listen to music then it's an option, personal preference just says earphones rather than headphones for me.

Soldato
ive never thought people wearing them are cocks.

just someone who wants to listen to music.

people who play music from phone speakers are cocks and deserve a beating.

Soldato
i'm very judgemental of people who wear big phones in public. i really do think what a ******. especially as very few wear them on their head actually listening to them.

Why though :confused:

Only reason I don't wear my Audio Technica ones in public is because they completely mess my hair up. Why would you consider someone a ****** just for wearing over ears? I don't get that at all.

Caporegime
tbh i judge on the type of cans they are wearing i.e beats or bose ,average and very overpriced they havnt researched,skull candy (oh dear)
senn px100 or koss porta pro ,they have bought well ,beyers ultrasone (mine)
senn hd600/650 higher audio technicas ect ect ,im thinking prob head fiers

A considerate Head-fier won't wear a open can outdoors.

Ety on the go :p

Or on a budget, Sony MDR-7506.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Why though :confused:

Only reason I don't wear my Audio Technica ones in public is because they completely mess my hair up. Why would you consider someone a ****** just for wearing over ears? I don't get that at all.

The same reason the same kind of person will see say an Audi or a BMW on the street and automatically think "****".

There's no reason, it just is the way they are :p

Associate
ive never thought people wearing them are cocks.

just someone who wants to listen to music.

people who play music from phone speakers are cocks and deserve a beating.

Agreed. "Yoots" blasting ***** music on the bus and train with their HORRIBLE, tinny, poor quality phone speakers just make me facepalm. I just think, come on kid, use a pair of headphones.

I wear my Beats tours (in ear ones) on my commute to and from work. I bought some memory foam bud things from the apple store which I attached instead of the usual silicones buds and I love them! Sound quality is spot on for my personal preference, and they are completely isolated, no-one can hear what I'm listening too and I can't hear the noise from the peasents on the bus. Win, win scenario really.

Associate
dont really care if i look stupid/pretentious

they dont fall out every 2 mins and they sound better and i dont have to listen to drivel conversation in public places so its w/e

Soldato
the answer there is get better in ears then, no over ears will come close to the isolation of decent IEMs that completely seal your canal.
Maybe I have not tried many in ears and I know that you can get different tips ( not sure if that is the right terminology) but so far all the in ears I have tried seem incredibly uncomfortable.
Comfort is a big reason why I love over the ears.

Associate
I wear my Sennheiser HD555s out in public, got fed up of in ear ones breaking all the time, and I'm too poor to buy any new ones. I'm very conscious of them being open backed, and keep the volume right down in public transport etc, but have never really worried about how I look. Plus, they're great during the festival in edinburgh, as a big "don't you even try giving me a flyer" signal.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with wearing over-ear headphones outside providing they are closed so you aren't sharing your music with unwilling victims. If you are bothered by other people simply wearing headphones then you need to chill out!

I've probably got more experience than most with headphones/IEMs (not something to brag about) following a recent bout of audiophilia and I've found that portable headphones aren't that great for commuting in a noisy city. IEMs provide superior isolation (and superior SQ if you pay enough) allowing me to shut out the world and enjoy the music more. The only reason I can see somebody choosing portables is for comfort or to look cool (think beats) because even the best sounding headphone is wasted if you can't hear it over the noise going on around you.

Back
Top Bottom