Big headphones in public..look a fool?

Soldato
people with big headphones look like idiots - even more so when you see them wearing cheap crap ones so they aren't doing it for good sound quality, they are doing it because they think they're cool, which they aren't.

Associate
I wear some [mildly] redon-kulous looking headphones when I am out and about but (a) I do not give a flying fahooney what other people may think, and (b) more importantly, the sound quality is excellent.

The fact that some ppl think it is pretentious just encourages me to get an even more preposterous looking set of cans :D

Man of Honour
I don't get people who listen to music in their car, they should be driving and going about their business.
I don't get people who listen to music at home, they should be at home going about their business.
I don't get people who listen to music whilst in the library, they should be reading and going about their business.
etc etc ;)

That wasn't the point I was making. It's just that I like to be able to hear what's going on around me, especially if it's busy. In a car I don't really have that problem so much.

It's probably not a good idea to wear them in the library and you're doing work, you can't focus properly if you're listening to music!

I've had plenty of people wearing headphones step out into the road without looking on more than one occasion, perhaps they were a bit zoned out?

Man of Honour
So completely wrong it's unreal

Not really. In the past week, one on the platform, the other by the local shopping center with phones that made their heads look small. The trainers looked cool as well, innit. There wasn't a person that didn't snigger as they walked past. I suspect that one of them was using them as a fashion accessory.

Soldato
Funny as on the Tube 90% of the ones with big cans tend to be in suits. Most chavs use there in-built speaker (spits on the the floor) or crap tinny iphone headphones

Ah i see you're in west london, no wonder...poor lamb

Man of Honour
I've never seen a person in a suit wearing 'big phonez'. I don't expect to either.

It would appear someone has taken offence at being called a chav :p

Associate
Meh, I wore my over ear headphones when I was commuting on the train because my only working in-ear pair leaked so much sound it was unreal, and I couldn't be bothered buying more. Couldn't care less if people thought I looked daft, at least I wasn't forcing them to listen to my Finnish industrial metal :p

Soldato
Funny as on the Tube 90% of the ones with big cans tend to be in suits. Most chavs use there in-built speaker (spits on the the floor) or crap tinny iphone headphones

Ah i see you're in west london, no wonder...poor lamb

:D:D:D

Most those in suits have those BOSE things, sprinkled with the DREs and also the odd pair of B&W.

Us cool geeks with HD25s normally have a look and a nod at the other (had that on a number of occassions) :)

Permabanned
Haters gon' hate. Very comfortable pair of headphones. Inb4 omg dont sound as good as XXXYZ for £X less, if its not comfortable or too big to wear out and about (can even go running with these) where I do most my listening, I dont care.

I've got the Beat Pros and they are comparable to my Senns and my Beyers. (The Senns being the same price, the Beyers being cheaper) A little more bass heavy and a little less separation, but it depends on what you are listening to. Overall the Beyers are the best of the bunch, but neither the Senns or the Beyers have the build quality and robustness of the Beats.

Soldato
:D:D:D

Most those in suits have those BOSE things, sprinkled with the DREs and also the odd pair of B&W.

Us cool geeks with HD25s normally have a look and a nod at the other (had that on a number of occassions) :)

Yeah, Travel on the central line or jubilee line and you'll see all the BOSE and Dr.dre headphones are worn by suits, and i'm one of them, i have a pair of BOSE's and they're simply the best phones i've ever had, sennheiser has gone down hill in the last few years

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom