Big headphones in public..look a fool?

Man of Honour
I have mixed views on this. I used to laugh at people with headphones in public. But one of my great pleasures is listening to music on a good set of headphones. I say go for it, as long as they are a quality pair.

Soldato
I've used big closed headphones on train journeys before. Nice side effect, nobody sits near you because they think they will be loud! In fact, they are closed back and leak less than in ear types. Couldn't wander about town with them though, would feel silly. Nathan Barley?

Soldato
Why though :confused:

Only reason I don't wear my Audio Technica ones in public is because they completely mess my hair up. Why would you consider someone a ****** just for wearing over ears? I don't get that at all.

Sigh. I didn't think dykes cared about their appearance, hence dungerees...

Man of Honour
I wouldn't say people wearing them look foolish, but they do look a bit over the top I feel. Normal headphones would suffice.

In fact, I don't really 'get' people listening to music when they are walking around/going about their business at all...

Soldato
I have this argument every so often with a friend/fellow forum member, imo, you wear big cans irl, you look like a ***. I've owned (and do own) quite a few sets of larger cans, and no, for me it's in-ear or subtle over-ear; otherwise it's hipster dufus territory.

Soldato
I wouldn't say people wearing them look foolish, but they do look a bit over the top I feel. Normal headphones would suffice.

In fact, I don't really 'get' people listening to music when they are walking around/going about their business at all...
Beats listening to random noise if walking around town, shopping etc..

Soldato
I really don't give a flying **** what people think when i'm wearing my large BOSE's. But then i live in London where there's a lot of people who wear large headphones

Soldato

I don't get people who listen to music in their car, they should be driving and going about their business.
I don't get people who listen to music at home, they should be at home going about their business.
I don't get people who listen to music whilst in the library, they should be reading and going about their business.
etc etc ;)

Wear my HD25s out and about if I feel the need. Used to use them on the trains and Underground every day but not soo much these days with having to drive to work. Some big headphones do look a little silly though and DRE BEats are always worn for their looks:

'I've got DREs innit!'

Soldato
Better to wear the big ass headphones than join the army of chavs who walk around with their mp3/phone blasting out without any headphones because they want the world and their dog to know the "awsum toons" they are listening to.

Always wish I had a spare set of headphones whenever I saw someone do this so I could walk over and say "here ya go mate, have these, you obviously can't afford to buy any yourself"...would probably get a kicking pretty soon though :D

Associate
Well personally I think people that walk around with big headphones on look like complete tools.

But personal preference is personal preference and if you like wearing them then do so and to heck with what anyone else thinks

Associate
should have invested in a good pair of IEM's then you can wear them at home and out and about.

and if you have to ask if you will look like a douche, then you are insecure enough to not pull it off anyway.

Soldato
I used to think people looked a bit silly, but then I grew up and got over it.

I have a large pair of cans for home (DT990) and for out and about I have some custom IEMS, that are completely out of this world, although I do look like I am wearing hearing aids.

Permabanned
The only reason I don't wear my Senn HD 201s when out and about is because my phone output isn't powerful enough to power them, so the volume doesn't go as loud as I would like. Not a problem with IEMs.

Back
Top Bottom