Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
Fergburger > everything else.
icon14.gif

Back to the title of this thread.. I just got back from Five Guys in Covent Garden. My boss was over from LA and wanted to try it. He's such a yank -- it's literally all steak/burgers and fries all week for him. I feel like I've put on a stone.. :o

Anyway, it might be because somebody else was paying but I was actually quite impressed. Sure it's pretty expensive and a bit generic, but bacon cheese burger, plus pickles, mayo and relish was great. Really decent fries too!

Soldato
On the way home from town I sometimes stop off at Vauxhall and grab a dirty bacon burger. For £6.50 you cannot get any better and the onion fries are out of this world.

Caporegime
They're about as good as a fast food burger gets. Nothing comes close to them for the price and it's always my first place to go when I get off the plane in Vegas.

They are good but to me not miles better than Wendy's and things like CheeChee or Smash burger are better.

Soldato
That 'burger' above looks horrible. The bun looks burnt and pointless anyway as you'd have to eat that with a knife and fork unless you are a snake.

Salad below the meat?
weird looking cheese
fries look like oven chips
served in a trough

2/10

Caporegime
It's not technically a burger unless it's eaten with top and bottom layer of bun with meat in between.

Otherwise it's just meat with bread :p

They do those for show, I always end up dismantling it so I can pick it up. Now I just get burgers that is that size to begin with.

Just had this yesterday, kimchi burger, interesting Korean pickled veg. Quite nice.

KrN4202l.jpg }

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Everyone has differing opinions :) It tasted amazing which is more important than "looks" IMHO.

If you enjoyed it then that's the main thing, yeah :)

I would say my dislike if it wasn't really down to looks - it was more the idea of so much meat in a giant stack. I prefer the ingredients to be balanced in a different way.

Soldato
Absolutely.... I wouldnt take that burger over a more "traditional" one as you did have to use a knife and fork and take chunks out of it but I will say it tasted great and all the meat was still moist and tasted good so hats off to the chef for doing it as its easy to have the chicken all dried out or the burgers overdone with something so big.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom