Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
Walk up to Liverpool St. station and go to either Patty and Bun or Honest Burger. Revel in the two best burgers in London. Job done.

B&L is only really a good deal if you're having the Lobster I believe.

Soldato
Any recommendations near Bank station in London?
There's a GBK and Byron nearby, but I find them a bit middle of the road in all honesty. Obviously way better than your average fast food place, but not exactly a memorable experience either.
I've heard Burger and Lobster is meant to be the up and coming thing, but not convinced from initial glance.
How close to Bank does it need to be?? There is an Honest Burger and Patty & Bun very close to Liverpool Street Station, which is about 5 mins from Bank. I'd definately go to either of those over Burger & Lobster.

Soldato
You're in a good position at Bank. Just hop on the tube and go to Old Street. Five minute walk from there and you're at the Red Dog Saloon.

Get The Devastator.

Thank me after you die.

Caporegime
Byron > all.

None of this waiting in a queue or having to go up and order it yourself nonsense of Five Guys or GBK, etc!

And the B Rex is on the menu permanently now which is amazing!

My only annoyance is the different menu structure between the Kingston one (my local) and all the central London ones.

Associate
Burger Joint, Whiteladies Road, Bristol. So far their claim of best burgers in Bristol has held strong. Though I've yet to visit the Byron Burger in town. BJ lets you fully customise your burger. Want a lamb and mint burger? Want haggis on it? Want pulled pork? They got ya covered.

Though I've trouble remembering whether the haggis is legit, it sounds so outrageous.

Soldato
Bleeker Street is near Liverpool Street. Their burgers are the best I have ever had.

http://bleeckerburger.co.uk/

They were decent - probably not quite as good as Patty and Bun or MeatLiquor in my opinion, but good nonetheless. Their chilli blue cheese sauce on the fries was excellent though!

That said, we got one on a Sunday afternoon and the wait was 25 minutes!! Seeing as it's just a booth within Spitalfields, that's far too long to wait for a burger.

Soldato
I'm with you there, pulled pork roll sure, but not with a burger.
Yeah. I mean I like porridge for breakfast, but at the weekend I might treat myself to a bacon butty. What you won't find me doing is dipping my bacon butty into my porridge :p

It's the same thing in my opinion. Loads of random crap thrown on does not make a good burger better!

Soldato
Recently got back from the states and as such have eaten just a few burgers over the last few weeks....

Cheesecake Factory
Culvers
Red Robin (they do bottomless fries) say whaaaat? :D
TGI Fridays
Five Guys

What we noticed in every place we ate, everything was fresh and all burgers come as standard with tomato, pickles, lettuce onion, mayo.

I've just been moaning to the other half since I've been back about the serious lack of burger joints in Swindon (theres a GBK and thats it) and our TGIs in england is an utter joke compared to the yanks version.

Cheesecake Factory burger, visited 4 times over the 2 weeks, still loads of stuff I wanted to try on the menu, loved it in there.

burger.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
popped into Shake Shack in Covent Garden for lunch and was pleasantly surprised - the shackmeister burger special (100% all-natural Angus beef cheeseburger topped with crispy marinated shallots and ShackSauce.) wasn't the largest of things - could have managed a double easily - but the burger itself wasn't too wet or overcooked, the shallots were very crispy and tasty and their fries were a good combination of soft in the middle with a decent bite to the outside.

Might not rush back but much better (IMHO) than five guys - although priced about the same & arguably less food for the money.

Their Shackmeister beer was also pretty decent, a nice flavoursome but refreshing larger without too much 'craft' hoppiness. Weirdly though they have to carry it to your seat for you due to some weird licensing thing

Back
Top Bottom