Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
Anyone recommend a product for cleaning/polishing the black plastic bits on my bike? gave it a good wash yesterday and waxed it but now I've got white/grey marks on the black plastics. Should I just try something like black wax on them?
also, how do I resize a picture when I upload it? to imgur etc.

Triplewax waterless wash and shine.

Soldato
Anyone recommend a product for cleaning/polishing the black plastic bits on my bike? gave it a good wash yesterday and waxed it but now I've got white/grey marks on the black plastics. Should I just try something like black wax on them?
also, how do I resize a picture when I upload it? to imgur etc.

The new forum autosizes pictures, if not, add an l or h before the .jpg.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Got myself some trousers, weather is just turning nice too. :)
Which ones did you go for?

BTW Bought 2nd hand OEM clip ons for 17 quid, tricky to find standard handlebars for the SV. So might, as well give clip ons a go. :) I'll probably do a little thread, need to do a few mods to the brackets in order to fit them onto my N.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone used a decent polishing compound to get rid of light surface scratches/swirl marks on their bikes? It's nothing deep so won't use a electric brush, just got a few light scratches and swirl marks which on the black parts of my bike show up badly when it's all waxed up. It seems like the clear lacquer is really soft on my bike :(

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
T-Cut, managed to remove all scratches on my bike from my helmet and after the last lowside. :p

The mirror hit the tank pretty hard and left a black mark across it, all gone.

Last edited:
Soldato
3 bikes is a good figure, you've got your everyday commuting bike, your naked hooligan bike, then your 'serious' sport bike for when you want to go really fast :D

For me that garage would consist of:

My Tuono factory '09
A 2003 RSVR (radial caliper gen1)
A KTM 990 adventure.

Now just do it!! :p

Back
Top Bottom