Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
It's silly isn't it. It gets hot to the point I think about taking the car with air conditioning as I will be cooler as I step into work.

Mind you, I have a jacket that's a little like a tea bag, the breeze blows right through it. That worked better yesterday.

Associate
I've finally got around to booking my bike in to be fixed (speedo has been dead for 2 months + oil burning issues) - they're giving me a sv650 as a hire whilst they fix it... should be interesting :p

Soldato
I've finally got around to booking my bike in to be fixed (speedo has been dead for 2 months + oil burning issues) - they're giving me a sv650 as a hire whilst they fix it... should be interesting :p
Are you the fellow OCUK'r with a Hornet? I'm losing track of who has which bike now :p

Don't even get me started of Clov!s. :eek:

Soldato
So on the way to bourton on the water, behind a caravan, my dad felt something hit his oil sump, the damage was pretty minimal but the oil went everywhere.

All over his tyre, swingarm, covered the road and me as I was travelling behind him.

The pressure behind which forced the oil out was crazy and pretty weird it happened.

Roadside recovery picked my dad up within the hour and dropped him home, ordered a new part and we will fit it tomorrow.

6M9M73Ih.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Was having some issues with my Sena 10S, namely the tomtom connecting then reconnecting over and over and over, and my phone not having 'phone audio' enabled...

Turns out I needed to pair the tomtom as a second mobile device (with a diffrent way of pairing) rather than as a second mobile on the same pairing method. :rolleyes::o:D

After doing that it's perfect. Here I was blaming the TomTom!

That'll teach me not to read the instructions properly... :p

Last edited:
Soldato
moto.jpg

Exploring austrian alps, awesome roads, awesome views, all round awesome.

Also I was thinking whilst riding (odd I know ;)), when you downshift before a red light, do you just clutch in block downshift and brake? Or do you shift down a bit, let a gear in a bit whilst braking and kinda use a bit of both? I came to the realisation that maybe clutching a bit + braking may not be the best? I remember being told block shifting sequential box was bad but tbh I have no idea why so maybe just some rubbish...

Also Tomtom rider 450 or garmin 395LM? I'm edging towards the garmin because of music and already have garmin cycling stuff so same software (albeit a bit ****). Struggling to find intelligible reviews.
Damn, that looks nice :cool:

Block shifting is bad, becuase you run the risk of not being in the correct gear if the lights change or you suddenly need to accelerate (car about to rear end you for example). I'll downshift normallly, only pulling the clutch in fully when going from 2nd to 1st if I have to come to a stop.

And TomTom for me, purely becuase the garmin is so expensive!! The music controls would be nice, but you can do all that via voice on google now anyway.

Back
Top Bottom