Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Those bikes are great fun if you're using them for fun, I had a cb400 VTEC, IL4 with 15k rpm redline.

Using them for commuting though gets tiring, to make any progress or make an overtake you have to be at 8+k rpm and keeping them on the boil can be hard work.

Not all litre bikes need you to be at 10k rpm, a litre v-twin is a prime example, the biggest amount of fun is at 5k rpm where the torque just catapults you out of corners.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Took my car today as I went for some more physio on my back.

Going up the motorway when “engine malfunction” comes up on the dash followed by a drop in power. Then I remembered how much I hate the car :mad:

Hobbled there (was dropping 20mph on hills) and got to work after it ok, but wish I’d just taken the bike and been done with it.

Permabanned
So I went and passed my CBT yesterday and will be looking at getting a 125 over the weekend. Found a HondaCB125F 2017 with 1800 miles on the clock. Full service history and no damage other than two slight scratches from stones or something I guess. Guy wants £1600 for it, sound about right?

Soldato
So I went and passed my CBT yesterday and will be looking at getting a 125 over the weekend. Found a HondaCB125F 2017 with 1800 miles on the clock. Full service history and no damage other than two slight scratches from stones or something I guess. Guy wants £1600 for it, sound about right?

Great first bike, they are very light, not too slow either.

Permabanned
Sold!! I'll be sure to post some pictures on Sunday then. Been out today and bought my helmet and some boots. Will slowly but all the other gear that I need.

Thoughts are to spend about a year on the CB125F and then consider going for my full license after that. Just need to wait until Sunday now when the guy will be free to view/sell it.

Soldato
I got back on Monday following a quick three day trip to Germany, catching up with some mates who left earlier. I'd have loved more time out there, but it was a great trip that really reinforced what modern multi-purpose bikes can do. 500 miles on Saturday - UK to France via Eurotunnel then Belgium, Holland and Germany. Part of that was a 60 mile run through the Moselle Valley at the end of the day, then 200 cracking miles through Moselle and Belgium on Sunday before heading back home on Monday, crunching through 450 miles on the way back with a bit of fun in Luxembourg on the way.

My rear Metzeler Roadtech 01 has started to square off now though, 6,000 miles in, a good 2,000 of which have been upright on the motorway. It'll last another long weekend trip but I wouldn't like to do a longer tour on it. Aside from just normal day rides at weekends now, that's me done for touring in 2017. It has been a great year.

srBlpLA.jpg

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Picked up some Bull It SR6 jeans today. Wanted something more casual that I could wear out and about without looking like a fisherman when not on the bike.

Also picked up some Muc Off (3x £12) and some chain cleaner :)

Soldato
I’d see that as a bad thing as I’d have it on the back wheel all the time! At least with mine I’ve got to deliberately give it a fist full of throttle.

Permabanned
Clov!s even quoted my post as well!!

But yeah, CB125F from a private seller. Was local to work and met a mate who joined me for the ride back home. Love it so far and getting much better with the use of the gears compared to when I did my CBT, should pick things up quite quickly and go from there.

The guy selling it only had it for 10 months too and it's spotless. He sold it as he upgraded to a CB500F which looked very impressive. Made me want a bigger bike already :D

Back
Top Bottom