Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
What should I do, I want to downgrade my bike to something not so expensive.

I don’t like using my bike for work at the moment, it’s definitely overkill for commuting.

If I were to trade it in, should I take off my aftermarket parts?

The akra decat headers can stay on as there’s zero chance of me going through all the work needed to put the stock exhaust back on but I may as well take the rizoma levers off and sell them separately.

I will leave the bike as it is if I decide to sell privately.

Im leaning towards a Honda CB1000r, there’s a 2011 one in my local Honda dealer and it’s up for £4199.

If I can push for £7500 for mine that’ll leave me with £3000+ which I can pocket.

Plus I can still have a lot of fun on one of those and I was tempted to try one before I got the S1000r.

The CB1000R is underrated IMO. It's well balanced and due to lack of aids, it's raw but humble.

I would remove all after-market parts and sell separately.

Soldato
How about an SV1000?

Newest one you'll find will be 11 years old, most are older and they're expensive for what they are IMO due to the numbers, not many about. Unless you get a 15 year old for £2K with 35-40K miles :p

The trick is to have one as a decoy, so when someone nicks it they find it, think they've binned it and carry on, whilst you have another one doing the actual tracking.

Nice idea.

Soldato
Calling all entrants to the @Clov!s 'when will he next change his bike' sweepstake!

I personally love the number of times you change your bikes. Granted, it is probably fairly expensive, but you're getting to ride and own more bikes than the majority of people on this forum!

I've always been of the mindset that i should enjoy my youth and enjoy my money while i still can, there's no point being 65 having not lived at all and loads of money to hand over to someone else when you die :p

Soldato
I think I win as I said 120 days, that was the highest anyone said - it's actually been nearer to 220 days :eek: 2nd June you got it @Clov!s

I had some faith in you :D

Longest bike so far, it must be! Lasted the summer so it did something right. :p :D

The CB1000R is underrated IMO. It's well balanced and due to lack of aids, it's raw but humble.

I would remove all after-market parts and sell separately.

I have to say, I loved my CB1000R. Plenty of torque, nice and nimble and for me reasonably comfortable.

I've wanted to try one for a while now, i'm excited to try one, i'm not expecting it to be anything like the S1000R but then it's half the price. The only thing i'll miss is the Quickshifter, never used cruise control, DDC etc!

Soldato
Do you ever get to track days or the alps though?

Track days have no appeal to me really, i ride fast enough on the public roads :p In all seriousness, if i could get a good track bike i'd be willing to give it a go but there's no way i'm taking an expensive bike on one! Not the Alps yet but it's on my list! I should have done it by now, i've been riding 2 years already!

Soldato
What are the chances that the Rizoma levers i have for the S1000r will fit the CB1000r? Are Rizoma all manufactured specifically for certain bikes or are they a standard size which will fit numerous bikes?

Man of Honour
Track days have no appeal to me really, i ride fast enough on the public roads :p In all seriousness, if i could get a good track bike i'd be willing to give it a go but there's no way i'm taking an expensive bike on one! Not the Alps yet but it's on my list! I should have done it by now, i've been riding 2 years already!

They would be things I'd look into before changing bikes again. As you say life is far too short to miss all of these opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom