Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
So yesterday I found out that the MT10 has the same/similar crossplane crank engine as the R1, and as mentioned a few times, I have to have an R1 at some point because of that engine and the noise. Also mentioned that I've kinda been looking at naked's recently as i like the look of some of them. Across the board the MT10 seems to get good reviews and of course, sounds lovely.

It's just a shame it's so damn, ******* ugly. :( :( :( It's also a shame they're so new it doesn't look like you can get one for below £7k, whereas CB1000R's, £3k comfortably..

I paid £6,800 for a 2016 MT-10 with 7,000km (4,350 miles) in one of the most expensive countries on the planet. Surely you can get something similar in the UK.

Man of Honour
I'm actually a bit amazed at your price @Kreeeee, in germany there isn't one on sale on mobile.de for less than 8.5K GBP and that's 2016 with more kms not from a dealer. Where do you get your deals, share your knowledge!

https://en.comparis.ch/motorrad/marktplatz/details/show/996936

There's one for CHF 8,800 (£6,683) with 3,900 km (2,423 miles). I think you guys living in the EU countries are being taken for a ride :p

Edit: That one is private, but then it has less mileage and is a tiny bit cheaper than mine.

Transmission breaker
Don
Quick Q, So I have a 2003 issued full car license, and did a CBT in the summer.

So, i take this as I can ride any bike up to 125cc, for the length of my car license, and HAVE to display (2?) L-plates, unless I am riding a "MOPED" which I can ride without L-plates.

I think a "MOPED" is something that cannot do more than 28mph?

Just trying to work out if I need to display on my 125, and Monkey Bike, and if i ever need to redo my CBT.

I think I have this correct, but would appreciate someone in the know confirming for me!

Man of Honour
May have to start going through CH classified to look at project bikes :) Importing from CH to DE is i'm guessing super easy.

Any vehicle going to Germany from another country is a huge pain. Andymancam on YouTube tried to do it with a UK bike and ended up just selling it and buying a different bike in Germany.

Transmission breaker
Don
Ahh, so it's only if I ride a moped I dont need to redo the CBT after doing it once.

I was reading the following and mistook the moped bit:

You passed your driving test on or after 1 February 2001
You’ll get a full moped licence if you either:

• pass your car driving test and then complete a compulsory basic training (CBT) course
  • complete a CBT course and then pass your car driving test within two years
You can then ride a moped (up to 50cc) without L plates. You don’t need to take the full moped test.

You can ride mopeds for as long as your car driving licence lasts.

Man of Honour
In my experieince not really - I took my K1300R from UK to germany last year and had no problems really.

Fair enough, maybe he had issues because it was an older vehicle with aftermarket parts, but he was having problems getting the right papers for all the parts of the bike.

Soldato
Man of Honour
Such low prices, wondering if it’s worth the trip over to pick a bike up.

I know that I have to pay VAT (8%) on goods purchased in France/UK/Germany here for new goods (and vice versa), but that is for new items where the local VAT (19/20%) has already been removed at the point of sale.

I have no idea how that works for second hand goods.

I'm moving even closer to switzerland soon so hence why I'm tempted :)

Get in touch when you do. We can ride the B500 together and then I can show you around our mountain passes.

I can also check out any bikes local to me that you might be interested in. I'm always happy to have an excuse to look at new bikes :p

Man of Honour
That actually sounds awesome, I'm a bit low on riding buddies atm :/ I'll get in touch when i'm a bit more settled and the weather is a bit nicer.

We can use my house as a base for a long weekend if you want. I can drop off the kids at the creche early in the morning and we can ride 3-6 passes before I have to go pick them up again at the end of the day. Pretty much all of Switzerland can be visited in a day trip from my house.

Back
Top Bottom