Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
I find the hard toe cap makes you lose all feeling of the lever, that’s why I couldn’t get used to them.

I did use proper motorbike boots for my DAS, so I'm hoping it's just a case of getting used to it again after riding my own bike with normal boots for a couple of weeks.

Same here, changing gear was very difficult this morning.
After reading a few reviews it seems that they take a while to break in, think I will do as IC3 suggested and walk around the house in them.

I'm currently looking ridiculous walking around the house in my boots :o

Associate
Tyre came from Oponeo and was perfect. No issues and quick delivery.

I've not been on my bike for 4 months - first time back on it today and straight into Brum rush hour traffic and it was like I'd never been away ;).

Caporegime
Random thoughts:

Does anyone like home-made streetfighters? I can't stand the bloody things, to me they just scream "I crashed my bike and can't afford to fix it".

Also, what's peoples' opinions on the whole naked vs superbike thing? Purely in terms of appearance, I love seeing the engineering involved in making a bike. Looking at a well made machine I tend to notice every small detail from the welds to the smallest nuts and bolts. I find it such a shame to cover it all in plastic (although I understand why).

Man of Honour
Hate streetfighters, like you they pretty much all look like and are just crashed faired bikes repaired with crap from eBay. Like the chav corsa driven through Halfords of the bike world.

Soldato
Random thoughts:

Does anyone like home-made streetfighters? I can't stand the bloody things, to me they just scream "I crashed my bike and can't afford to fix it".

Also, what's peoples' opinions on the whole naked vs superbike thing? Purely in terms of appearance, I love seeing the engineering involved in making a bike. Looking at a well made machine I tend to notice every small detail from the welds to the smallest nuts and bolts. I find it such a shame to cover it all in plastic (although I understand why).

I don't mind them. Not everyone earns enough to be able to cover the costs of repairing a bike and a lot of the time people take out a huge excess against their bike to be able to afford to ride it so it's not worth claiming on insurance. It's worth just patching it up to be able to ride again. I don't get what's wrong with it? I love the look of a weathered, ratty, street fighter type bike especially if the look comes from pure usage and maybe an accident or two. I saw one on Saturday and thought it was great. Going out of your way to take a new or perfectly working bike and making it look like a streetfighter or rat bike is a different story and probably a waste of money. I still like the look though.

Naked are nice, fared are nice. I own both. :)

Soldato
I don't mind them. Not everyone earns enough to be able to cover the costs of repairing a bike and a lot of the time people take out a huge excess against their bike to be able to afford to ride it so it's not worth claiming on insurance. It's worth just patching it up to be able to ride again. I don't get what's wrong with it? I love the look of a weathered, ratty, street fighter type bike especially if the look comes from pure usage and maybe an accident or two. I saw one on Saturday and thought it was great. Going out of your way to take a new or perfectly working bike and making it look like a streetfighter or rat bike is a different story and probably a waste of money. I still like the look though.

Naked are nice, fared are nice. I own both. :)

Good post, very popular when I was younger and the above is bang on.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

So many street Rossis in their brand new leathers and sparkling clean bikes out on the weekend.

Associate
So many street Rossis in their brand new leathers and sparkling clean bikes out on the weekend.

Not such a bad thing though is it?
Better than riding a poorly maintained rust bucket in their shorts and T-shirt :D

I don't wear my one piece that often but when I do I feel even more protected than i do with my touring gear on.

I was late for work this afternoon and as I knocked it into first gear I thought it felt weird, still had my trainers on, not done that in 7 years of motorcycling. :o

Back
Top Bottom