Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Wurth dry lube is the least worst chain wax I've used. Why are you moving to wax? I hate is as you have to strip the chain clean and reapply the wax regularly to prevent it becoming an abrasive paste.

Which is what i have to do with traditional lube anyway, I've always found wax in the past to be easier to deal with. I want something with the least amount of fling.

Soldato
I used Wurth on my first Bonneville chain. It was terrible especially during winter.

Using Castrol racing chain lube now and yes it does fling but I'd rather that than a rusty stiff chain.

Man of Honour
Using Castrol racing chain lube now and yes it does fling but I'd rather that than a rusty stiff chain.

Gear oil or castrol racing are all I use. Gear oil needs applying after every ride over 200km (10 seconds) but you never need to clean the chain and any fling just wipes off the bike/rims.

Soldato
I have a scottoiler on my winter hack 750 and have never had to clean the chain I have the tour tank add on behind the number plate just fill and forget.

They are a little messy but not a problem for winter hack as long as the chain is clean I am happy.

For my other bike gear oil I have used many products over the years and works for me but maybe not for every one, if your using other product's little & often is the key.

Soldato
As much as I like riding, recently i'm really just not feeling it. I'm actually thinking of parting with both bikes and see what happens. Never thought I woul say that! :eek:

What is happening!

Caporegime
Having to take a break in the services to let the rage die down.

On the motorway, everyone as usual is piled into the outside lane despite there being nothing in the inner two because somewhere 5 miles ahead there's a lorry.

I'm in the inside happy doing 70 (cruise conteol is amazing) junction comes up move into the middle lane a few seconds after getting there and carrying along woman in the outside lane with a full hijab thing on moves straight into my lane, after two wheels into the lane her indicator comes on fortunately still had time to swerve into first lane to avoid her.

Whole time shes leaning right forward staring straight into her rear view mirror as if it was fineprint text. At no point did she actually look to her side just behind.

I'm wondering if she's just oblivious/terrible driver or if the headscarf thing ruins peripheral vision.

If I'd have been any vehicle other than a bike she'd have probbaly killed us both and a lot of others there

Caporegime
Having to take a break in the services to let the rage die down.

On the motorway, everyone as usual is piled into the outside lane despite there being nothing in the inner two because somewhere 5 miles ahead there's a lorry.

I'm in the inside happy doing 70 (cruise conteol is amazing) junction comes up move into the middle lane a few seconds after getting there and carrying along woman in the outside lane with a full hijab thing on moves straight into my lane, after two wheels into the lane her indicator comes on fortunately still had time to swerve into first lane to avoid her.

Whole time shes leaning right forward staring straight into her rear view mirror as if it was fineprint text. At no point did she actually look to her side just behind.

I'm wondering if she's just oblivious/terrible driver or if the headscarf thing ruins peripheral vision.

If I'd have been any vehicle other than a bike she'd have probbaly killed us both and a lot of others there

With all due respect dude, it sounds like you're not riding defensively enough. You need to see others on the road before they see you and if you don't make eye contact, assume they're going to swerve in to your lane and kill you. Women in particular, and Muslim women in particular-er.

Caporegime
Sucks to get runoff motorway. But it kinda sounds like you where about to undertake her because outside lane hogs? Shouldn't the lesson here be don't undertake cars and/or don't get into cars blind spots?

I'm hardly the model citizen of motorway driving myself, but I do strongly subscribe to the just pile in on the outside lane and flash instead of undertaking...

I didn t get run off The motorway jist had to dart back to lane 1 from lane 2.

Wasnt undertaking was going the same speed as everyone as it's all average speed cameras and gantry cameras.

Directly alongside you is not a blind spot :p

Back
Top Bottom