Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Had a minor off this morning on the commute. Approaching a round about in lane 1 on a pretty poor stretch of road, a van moved from lane 2 in to mine between me and the roundabout. Plenty of time to think about it, but it did mean I needed to brake earlier. Did so, gently as it wasn't like the van had cut me up particularly, and the next thing I knew I was on the floor.

Bike has a bent lever and a few scratches. A few small rips in my kit, but thankfully it did it's job and I just have a few bruises.

Man of Honour
I can do 2 mountain passes on the way to my new office from my house :D

It takes a little longer though but what a way to start and end the day! I then spent an hour tweaking the suspension again, it really is terrible on the MT-10 but I'm nearly there with it. Got it perfect on smooth roads now but it's nasty on multiple bumps mid corner.

Man of Honour
I can do 2 mountain passes on the way to my new office from my house :D

It takes a little longer though but what a way to start and end the day! I then spent an hour tweaking the suspension again, it really is terrible on the MT-10 but I'm nearly there with it. Got it perfect on smooth roads now but it's nasty on multiple bumps mid corner.

I got new tyres fitted (Metzeler Roadtec 01) and lowered both the rear high speed compression and rear rebound based on the tyre wear from my tyre scrubbing ride (120km of pure hairpins and sweepers with a mix of road surface quality) and I'm pretty happy with where things stand on the suspension front now.

I am still shocked how poorly setup it is out of the box though, particularly with the 60mm of rear rider sag and I'm only 80kg!!! Just setting that to the proper 30mm made an enormous difference on its own. If any of you here have an MT-10 fix that sharpish.

Man of Honour
Picked up a pair of Arc On gloves as modelled by Fagan of 44teeth in the end.
£130 full kanagroo leather, kevlar lining, finger bridge, forcefield armour and scaph protection very comfortable from the first wear.

The Handroids felt very roughly made in comparison and had very long thumbs so there was flappage, plus they were £50 more expensive although I did like the Boa fastening.

Soldato
I was down at Haynes museum this morning for their Breakfast club, quite a few bikes there and so many I'd love to own or at least ride to see what they are like. Really need to get myself sorted with something though, lack of bike is rubbish.

Soldato
Just completed a great trip across to Ireland and the Wild Atlantic Way followed by the North Coast 500. 2,680 miles in 9 days, without a hitch for those who doubted the mileage.

Well, when I say without a hitch there were a couple of testing days, one due to weather and the other due to Irish Ferries. The first day was just a tough one - our ferry was cancelled and we were put on the next one two hours later which was also one hour slower. Then they took one hour to actually get us off the boat, so that was a 17 hour day on the bike / travelling. The other tough day was after the ferry from Northern Ireland to Scotland (Larne to Cairnryan) and a subsequent four hour ride to Oban in a biblical downpour. That was irritating more than anything else though, as the roads are really good fun on that route.

Aside from that, it was a great trip. We managed to get more than enough time off the bikes, and had a few cracking nights out and met some great people along the way. I lost both my GoPro 5 Sessions, victims to smashed screens from stones thrown up off the road though :/. I'm not sure if I'll get around to doing something longer, but I did a teaser / trailer video tonight, and there are a few photos from along the way.

DwNl6O9.jpg

kKrKd2C.jpg

T2TzuVC.jpg

Hptd9a0.jpg

31P8qbN.jpg

yjkqSpn.jpg

UN4RkIe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom