Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Some drivers are just retarded, witnessed a woman this morning a few times almost side swipe into a van because she wanted to get into the inside lane, what hope do we have on bikes with people like that!

This morning we encountered a moron of a driver also.
3 lanes to a 2 lane roundabout on the A1 (Biggleswade). Left lane is CLEARLY left turn into Biggleswade, not only signposted, but common sense and written on the road.
We're in the middle lane going straight over and the van to our left decides to also go straight over.... He had to slam on his brakes so he didn't bump the island and hit a bollard/sign.... and then he had to the cheek to beep his horn at us?!

Here: https://www.google.com/maps/@52.072...4!1sKm-vkMQAgUvXdvKDHi8t4w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Made me laugh, because laughing is better than getting wound up. However, it's much harder to laugh when the silly potential accident would have been fatal, that really grinds my gears (motorcyclist here).

Soldato
This morning we encountered a moron of a driver also.
3 lanes to a 2 lane roundabout on the A1 (Biggleswade). Left lane is CLEARLY left turn into Biggleswade, not only signposted, but common sense and written on the road.
We're in the middle lane going straight over and the van to our left decides to also go straight over.... He had to slam on his brakes so he didn't bump the island and hit a bollard/sign.... and then he had to the cheek to beep his horn at us?!

Here: https://www.google.com/maps/@52.072...4!1sKm-vkMQAgUvXdvKDHi8t4w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Made me laugh, because laughing is better than getting wound up. However, it's much harder to laugh when the silly potential accident would have been fatal, that really grinds my gears (motorcyclist here).
To be fair, there's not a lot of signs... oh, wait, there are massive arrows painted on the ground plus a hugh sign, and they would have had to of consciously moved from the middle lane into the left lane. :p:rolleyes::mad:

I'm very tempted to get myself a dashcam when I get a car, for no other reason but to protect myself from the numptys on the road. I used to use a cam on the bike commute and the standard of driving in this country is diabolical.

Man of Honour
https://www.google.com/maps/@52.656...4!1s9yOfiv-IWmVUtX3BMdQnTQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

That's where I find the highest amount of numptys on my commute, as you can see by the lane markings and the signs which are there for a good half mile leading up to a roundabout if you want to go straight over then be in the right hand lane as the roundabout is only one lane. The amount of people who ignore that and role up in the left lane hoping they'll be able to shoot across and cut the car in the right lane up is crazy.

Unfortunately for them they never judge the acceleration of a bike right so we normally meet in the middle with them stuck in no mans land and me giving them the finger as they flap about wondering how they're going to get across without getting taken out by someone else.

Soldato
Got a text this afternoon that our ferry to Ireland tomorrow is cancelled due to bad weather, and we're now bumped to one that's leaving 3 hours later and which takes 1 hour longer. At least I get a bit of a later start tomorrow morning!

Caporegime
Interesting news.

Was looking under the seat of the h2 to see if I could mount of straps for the kreiga US tsil packs and there's no real access to the subframe due to the metal under tray.

So emailed kreiga asking if they were planning a bolt on style not like the do for some Ducatis as they're local they said can bring the bike over to the factory and they'll sort out some custom bolt on straps to get them fitted ^_^

<3 kreiga, will have to wait a week as me and the g

Man of Honour
Can't knock that the service, just a shame their kit moved into holy **** that's expensive with the last price bump. I reckon I could now sell my 3 year old kit for more than I paid for it!

Soldato
Can't knock that the service, just a shame their kit moved into holy **** that's expensive with the last price bump. I reckon I could now sell my 3 year old kit for more than I paid for it!
Yup, 2 years ago I paid £130 for their R30 backpack, it's now £170!

Can't fault any of their products so far though. I commute all year round and that bag has been covered in mud and all sorts and it's still 100% waterproof and all the zips still work.
Same for the US20 and US10 dry bags. Great pieces of kit.

Soldato
Just been out for my first solo ride after doing my CBT, it was torrential rain but i had to get some miles in.

Just waiting for it to clear up so i can head out again.

Caporegime
Yup, 2 years ago I paid £130 for their R30 backpack, it's now £170!

Can't fault any of their products so far though. I commute all year round and that bag has been covered in mud and all sorts and it's still 100% waterproof and all the zips still work.
Same for the US20 and US10 dry bags. Great pieces of kit.

Jesus I didn't know prices went up that much.

Its good kit but it's always been on the verge of silly money

Back
Top Bottom