Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
Took my mates H2 SX that's been remapped to 230bhp at the wheel :o

It's like my old Honda blackbird took all the steroids and went on a mind reading course, you just have to consider changing direction and it's already tipping in beautifully and the acceleration is so smooth but mental at the same time.

My striple and it's asbo exhaust still make me smile more when it comes to noise though even though the h2 has an akra.

Soldato
will be getting my first bike hopefully first week or september, its going in the garage. i plan to install a ground anchor. is it worth getting it professionally installed or is it something to do your self?

garage floor is concrete and was very hard to drill when i split the garage with a stuf wall.

also reccomendation for a ground anchor and chain?

I don't bother, intact further to that I don't even put the steering lock on and I leave the keys in it.

Soldato
Jokes aside it is a 19 year old motorcycle, and it does get left for months over the winter period, I'm sure this time of year E10 probably wouldn't do too much harm, but considering the difference it costs to fill up,I generally will always put in premium unless they either don't have it, or like the other day just wasn't paying attention.

Soldato
I did something really dumb this morning.

Despite the fact I commute on bike, every day, all weather and I have been riding for years and consider myself rather experienced.

I forgot to do my helmet up....

First time that's ever happened. I did wonder what was clanging against my helmet, but I had a rucksack on and the top of my jacket undone a bit so could have been them. But no, to my shock it was my helmet strap.

*facepalm*

Soldato
Seen a lovely looking SV1000 at work over the past few days and did make me think maybe I should have a little look on Autotrader. I always loved how my old SV650S looked <3 I've resisted so far but I haven looked at CB1000R's, MT10's and S1000RR's in the last week. It's a good job I just don't like spending money.

Soldato
Saw lots of very underdressed (shorts & T-shirt) bikers on my way back from a weekender with friends, I just felt sick to my stomach thinking of the horrific injuries they could get.

Wore jeans and a hoody a few time when I was young. Came off one day at about 30 (wet drain cover on bend) and lost quite a lot of skin.
Never again.

Soldato
I wear jeans 90% of the time I’m out unless I’m out all day in which case I’ll wear my 2 piece leathers.

On the odd occasion where it’s 30’c+ I’ll wear a hoody or a very thin mesh jacket but most of the time it’s leather jacket + my Alpinestar Kevlar jeans.

Caporegime
See absolutely tons of them in London, no gear at all. Many delivery riders are in flip flops, shorts, and sleeveless vests. Clearly never come off before.

Personally I have my kevlar and armoured jeans, Dainese Laguna Seca jacket and some or other very comfy leather gloves with kevlar knuckles. I also have a back plate fitted in my jacket.

I really ought to get some decent boots though.

Then maybe a proper motorcycle :eek:

Associate
See absolutely tons of them in London, no gear at all. Many delivery riders are in flip flops, shorts, and sleeveless vests. Clearly never come off before.

Personally I have my kevlar and armoured jeans, Dainese Laguna Seca jacket and some or other very comfy leather gloves with kevlar knuckles. I also have a back plate fitted in my jacket.

I really ought to get some decent boots though.

Then maybe a proper motorcycle :eek:
But surely sitting on an old clothes horse making brrrrm brrrrrm noises makes you happy? :D

Transmission breaker
Don
passed my CBT today!

Picked up my bike straight after and did my first ride on my own home, bit scary being on my ownn but just need to build confidence.
Just keep riding, to the shops, to grab a takeaway, visit the garden centre.
Have a reason to pop out and just keep doing stuff.
It will help build confidence quickly :)

Caporegime
passed my CBT today!

Picked up my bike straight after and did my first ride on my own home, bit scary being on my ownn but just need to build confidence.

Congrats! Stick at it, once those confidence levels build up you'll be wondering why you didn't start sooner!

As for me, today I got home wet. Well, when I say wet I had to put my laptop bag and phone under my seat as I was worried they would get wet. Last time I was this drenched I was delivering pizzas at 17 years old, and the best part was I absolutely loved it, made me feel like a teenager again :D

Associate
passed my CBT today!

Congrats!!!

I passed my DAS a couple of months ago and still haven't got a bike . Been looking at a couple of Triumph Daytona 675s though for when i get down south.

The nearest I got to 'free riding' was straight after my test when i got to ride back without that pesky ear piece in because I had passed and technically no longer under instruction :D

Soldato
Is going straight from CBT to DAS (without the interim learning period on a 125 on L plates) the done thing now?
I’m mid 40’s, been driving for nearly 30 years and riding mountain&road bikes for about the same time… have CBT booked for next week with the intention of getting a 125 and riding that for a bit of time and then going DAS route… but seems many people do the whole thing in one shot now?

Soldato
Is going straight from CBT to DAS (without the interim learning period on a 125 on L plates) the done thing now?
I’m mid 40’s, been driving for nearly 30 years and riding mountain&road bikes for about the same time… have CBT booked for next week with the intention of getting a 125 and riding that for a bit of time and then going DAS route… but seems many people do the whole thing in one shot now?
I did the whole thing in 4 days, having never rode a motorcycle before - passed DAS and got a 2006 Ninja ZX6R 636 as my first bike, never felt the need or desire to ride a horrid 125 for any longer than to pass the CBT; the big bikes just make the whole task of riding easier and more enjoyable

Back
Top Bottom