Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Caporegime
No. That being said, mine's approaching 2k miles and the engine is notably "looser" than when it was new. Definitely revs quicker and feels more responsive. No additional performance though.

Soldato
What do peps make of these two seat scuffs? Brand new bike btw. Would this be considered normal wear and tear or a damaged part?
Thought I could live with it but its actually annoying me now, but I guess the dealer can just turn around and say I caused the damage.

Is there an effective way of buffing them out?

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah ok, well if it's deep gouges out of fabric then I'd complain, if it's like running your nail on leather it may buff off with some seat fabric cleaner?

Caporegime
Interesting week so far. The Vespa and the Aprilia both died due to non-use and the trackers continuing to drain the batteries. I wanted a battery booster but last time I used one of these they were absolutely massive, not ideal for storage in a scooter. Ended up getting this which got both scooters started perfectly fine and is still pretty much fully charged. It's about the same size as my 20k mAH battery bank so pretty tiny and I must say I'm very impressed.

On to last night, lying in bed bored, saw a scooter pop up on eBay which brought back many memories of when I was a wee 15 year old boy. I used to lust after all the scooters I could buy when I turned 16 and amongst them was the Benelli K2.

Stuck a cheeky bid of £50 quid on a non-runner and I've only gone and won it :D

Will be storing it at a mate's where we can fix it up and get it going, a whopping 100cc but it's a 2 stroke so should be fairly nippy, and more importantly, we can tune the nuts off of it.

Looking forward to it :D

Soldato
Helped out a young motorcyclist on L plates this morning, her chain was so loose it just slipped off and got wedged between the sprocket an swing arm. I managed to free it and slip it back on.

Annoyingly I didn't have any tools on me to tighten it up, they're in my tank bag usually for longer trips rather than commute.

I pointed her to my local garage which was under 2 miles away and told her to take it easy and smooth, no sudden torque, which should be easy on a 125 :p

I was worried it might happen again and felt I should have offered to ride it there for her, so I just rang the garage and she made it there in one piece. Phew!

Last edited:
Associate
Rain X is pretty decent but nothing beats just wiping the rain off by hand :D I've been using rain x for a long time and I probably always will but after riding along in the rain for a while especially if you get dirty road spray on your visor even rain x wont keep your visor clear :( And it will need wiping off by hand.

Definitely buy it and put some on your visor though :) One bottle lasts a long time.

Soldato
Ive always found RainX to make things worse, when wiping with the little blade on my glove instead of wiping it clear it just 'smears' the rain across my visor instead.

Soldato
Anyone got any experience with Keis G102 heated undergloves/liners? I tried some in a store yesterday but really couldn't feel any difference. I do have heated grips fitted to the bike now, and this has reduced the Reynauld's symptoms, but my fingers still go numb when really cold :/
Any other thin heated liners that actually *work*?

Back
Top Bottom