Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
@Hades if it was my choice, I think I'd actually prefer the gen 1, again, I hate to say it but there will be silly drops or dings, but my main point is the lack of electronics. I do feel a lot of new riders rely upon rider aids far too much not only as a safety net but more as a requirement to ride. No ABS is a very good point, until you feel a front tyre start to slip or the rear dance out of traction, you'll never really get the feel of how a bike moves under our bodies. With that, I think you'll learn a LOT more from riding without those aids than with, obviously this brings a lot of risks but I feel they are outweighed by the cost and value of rider education.

The training to pass exams really is like a young chef being taught how to work the cooker top with the cooking skills coming over time.

As for the mileage, it is common for riders to keep bikes up until their major services, given it's age, I'd suggest using an independent garage who won't mind stepping out of the default service scope to give the bike a once over (until I just read they are including it in the price, great deal!).

Yea my bike is 21 years old doesn't have any of that **** not even ABS.

To be fair, I'd take ABS, but you'd be surprised on a motorcycle how you can actually get away with locking your front (a bit) and how you basically need to use your rear brake like you are stepping on your own ball sack.

The main reason though is less things to go wrong, less sensors, less wiring, always good

Modern vehicles are WAAAAY over engineered.

X

X

Caporegime
The traction control on my Honda has engaged about 600 times in 2k miles. One was a proper save, the rest were just irritating. That one save might have been a rather embarrassing spill tho.

Back
Top Bottom