Biker's Cafe Chatroom

• Thread starter Thread starter IC3
  • Start date Start date
I took an older v4 on a test ride a couple of weeks back, and thought it was pretty good, therefore a newer one would be better :D
First world problems, its too hot to put my leathers on and go out:cry:

Great day.

Got over zealous with the chain lube (I think) which resulted in no back brake.

Took it home and gave it a good clean then toppled over in the garage with me sat on the bike testing the brake because the stand flicked up. :eek:

No damage as went down in slow mo but bruised and feel rather stupid. :cry:

Last edited:
Not too bad a result from the insurance then :)
That's what I thought too - didn't seem worth trying to push it up, the engineer I was speaking to struck me as pretty clued up, he loved KTMs though. At least it should be sorted fairly fast - he said Hastings were the ones who try pushing claims through to completion ASAP. Suits me, but then again, I can't ride at the moment.... or can I :D

Just been to look at a 2017 Ducati Monster 1200S - lovely bike, really great condition, and over serviced - the dealership were also amazing; buuuuut..... the bike has done over 26k.

Highest mileage bike I've owned, was 14k on my R1 I had from new - so this ones milage is putting a bit of a roadblock in the way for me, it might be perfectly fine, and go on and on...

Gah, what to do!

That’s a lot, and certainly won’t help with resale value.
Maybe it’ll be ok mechanically, but it’d put me off.
Yeah, it's a bit of a worry - but looking at Auto trader, ones with half the milage at 2 grand more, so seems that it holds some value at least.

Might do the sensible thing and wait to see what shape I'm in next week at the hospital - as I doubt I'll be fit to ride yet anyway

Back
Top Bottom