***Biker's Lounge Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I have pazzos on the tuono . Tbh there just machined ally ... Cant see why £40 are any worse than £140 ones unless they flex in use . Think i paid £90 for pazzos new (black shortys with gold adjuster) but if the cheaper one was about im sure i would have bought them .

Persil

Soldato
My 2008 zx6r is just over a year old and as others on here will tell you, I don't rev it hard :D

Despite being just over a year old (by one month) it is having engine issues on 4000 miles and Kawasaki are utterly useless with their warranty and they hardly have any UK dealers. I wish I had bought a Yamaha R6 at the time as they were only £500 more :(

I need to get it dyno'd as none of the Kawasaki dealers I've taken it to so far know what is happening... Hopefully it is just a fuelling issue but after being charged £200 for a new servo for the exhaust I don't have much faith in kawasaki machines anymore!

Soldato
My 2008 zx6r is just over a year old and as others on here will tell you, I don't rev it hard :D

Despite being just over a year old (by one month) it is having engine issues on 4000 miles and Kawasaki are utterly useless with their warranty and they hardly have any UK dealers. I wish I had bought a Yamaha R6 at the time as they were only £500 more :(

I need to get it dyno'd as none of the Kawasaki dealers I've taken it to so far know what is happening... Hopefully it is just a fuelling issue but after being charged £200 for a new servo for the exhaust I don't have much faith in kawasaki machines anymore!

Its the engine crying because you dont take it over 6k rpm!!
If you were still up this way I would recommend a few places but cant really help you down there lol sorry :/

Associate

http://www.dynojet.co.uk/tuningcentres-detail.php?id=19
Or i can recommend this one....a bit of a ride out for you though! http://www.repsmotorcycles.co.uk/

Last edited:
Soldato
Sasha, lol. I still haven't come up with a name for the bike yet. Must try harder!

I've not washed the poor thing in over 2 weeks of use in the snow / rain / grit. I just spent ages cleaning it and thought I'd take some pics. Here they are if anyone is interested!

4392293170_1282532c98_b.jpg

4392270046_013fdf7346_b.jpg

4392269494_2689efe21b_b.jpg

4391499859_fc8f7a202f_b.jpg

4392268248_2957bb690b_b.jpg

4392266876_e3647b444e_b.jpg

(missed a bit, oops)

4392267386_b9ee608d83_b.jpg

I just had those Pirelli Angel ST tyres fitted as well and so far so good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone have any experience / expertise in bulletcams for bikes? I've been on/off looking into getting one - ideally something where I can press a button at the start of a journey and it records that whole journey and erases everything previous. Then if I have a crash, I can take it home and extract it.

Everything I looked at was rather expensive though, £300+. Any tips for a bargaintastic setup would be great.

*edit* Looking at the bay, there's a weatherproof PAL/NTSC cam for about £25, but then I'd need something to plug it into. Alternatively I go to dogcamsport and get the minidvr2 kit for £175?

Last edited:
Soldato
Its the engine crying because you dont take it over 6k rpm!!
If you were still up this way I would recommend a few places but cant really help you down there lol sorry :/

Oi! The problem is it won't go high enough now :D Worked fine till I took off the Akka exhaust and have gone back to stock (was going to sell the bike but alas each time I go for a ride I change my mind!). Do you remember when you helped me put the slip-on on the bike and I tried to undo the screw in the servo and it went *crunch*? Well I buggered it up so had to get it replaced! Was hoping that would solve the issue now I'm back on stock as that controls the exhaust valve, but it still wont pull away above 10K and its meant to redline at 16K so no idea what the problem is now. I can get to around 14k revs but with a struggle. Below 10k its fine though and doesnt have a problem. I also only get 80 miles out of the tank before the fuel light comes on and that used to be at 120 miles!

The only thing I could think is that because I had it dyno'd WITH the Akka exhaust on they must have tweaked something somewhere - but I thought you couldnt do any tweaking at all without a power commander? Now it is back on stock exhaust it could be running rich? Runs fine on normal riding, but overtaking or going down a slip road and you give it some throttle it won't easily go over 80. It feels "bogged down" above 10,000 RPM when that should be the powerband area!

The irony of the whole thing being I sold the exhaust to get cash and now its costing me almost that to get it working on stock again and I've lost the cool carbon look and the noise :(

Cheers. I'm hoping to get her to GT Motorcycles in Plymouth as they have a dyno and are also a Kawi dealer so should carry parts too if its not just a fuelling issue

And weve had a few OCUK bike meets, but now Im messed up and Totality has buggered off dont know when the next one will be, prob summer time now.

Sorry dude :( But the riding in Devon is more fun (apart form the mud as the roads are always muddy so after each ride the bike is filthy!). Still, when its all dry you are straight out into the hills and on to Dartmoor :D Only problem is all the damn meets are in Hampshire now!

Last edited:
Soldato
Strange dude, How much did you pay for the dyno? if it was under £50 then its just a dyno run they wudnt have touched any fueling, over £100 possibly, but it would just run abit rich or lean, would not stop you going over 10k rpm, there must be something wrong servo wise I still think, Did a garage fit the new one?

Associate
Lovely bike but shame about the adverts all over it ;)

I'm currently lusting after one of these -

streetfighter-small.jpg

I don't dare go test ride one cos I know I'd be signing for it afterwards :D

Soldato
Not Jealous :(

R or just the standard 999?

Bloody Gorgeous!

Just a standard one mate. R is a bit out of my price range I'm affraid. Was looking at getting a S model but couldn't find one newer than a 2003 for my budget. From 2005 the standard model got the decent engine so when this was advertised last night I jumped on it. It's a 2006, only 5k on the clock, had major service including belts done in September. It also has the original exhaust, screen, pillion seat and pegs all still brand new in the ducati boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom