Biking Do's & Don'ts

Soldato
But its gay tho

On the track then yh but road riding its a waste of time

Do whatever you want I just wouldn't do it to my machines

It's 'gay'? You really typed that?

It's a sequential gearbox, as long as engine load has been removed from it it does no harm whatsoever, up and down. You claim to have ridden for 30 years but you come across as clueless

Soldato
you have to roll off the throttle quick enough whilst putting enough pressure on the pedal ready to shift up as soon as there is no loan on the gearbox then back on the throttle, all in the space of a second or faster depending on how good you are ;)
I personally find clutchless upshifting easy as pie - It's the downshift that takes practice. Get it wrong and you re-engage the gears with way too much power, causing slips, spills or outright flipping on some bikes!

I was taught to pre-tension the lever before an upshift anyway, so you don't need to drag the clutch right in. Seems to be taught by a number of other schools, too.

But certainly clutchless upshifting is how I personally (and a number of local ****** in BMWs & Audis) know my bike can do 0-60 in under 3 seconds!

Caporegime
OP
It's 'gay'? You really typed that?

It's a sequential gearbox, as long as engine load has been removed from it it does no harm whatsoever, up and down. You claim to have ridden for 30 years but you come across as clueless

Mate calm down,what makes you think I don't know anything? I used to do it as a teen had to do it on my zx10r when the clutch cable snapped miles from home,up and down the box

Whether it damages your bike or not I just feel its wrong to do,just feels wrong to me,I'm just as quickly using the clutch lever that's the end of it now you say tomato n I'll say tomatoe

Soldato
New riders should definitely use the clutch..

"Let's try a clutchless downshift!" "Oops, where's my rear end gone?"

I wonder how many would use too much pressure pushing up too before blipping the throttle too, that can't be good.

Soldato
But certainly clutchless upshifting is how I personally (and a number of local ****** in BMWs & Audis) know my bike can do 0-60 in under 3 seconds!

You change gear to get to 60 :o jks

Dont's: Ride one handed! you look like a tea pot, you may think you look cool but actually you look camp.

Do: turn your engine off at level crossings.

Do: Rev like a special case clapping at the sight of crayons every time you enter a tunnel.

Do: Thumbs up to people who more over for you. Every time.

Soldato
You change gear to get to 60 :o jks
I can happily pass 75mph in 1st, but I have even better acceleration notching up... besides, it doesn't really feel fair if I'm doing it all in one while they're having to change gear like The Fast And Furious!! :D

Do: Rev like a special case clapping at the sight of crayons every time you enter a tunnel.
ONLY if your exhaust actually sounds good, please, which mostly limits this to Cruisers and similar V-Twins.
Revving 'Peds and Sporties with race cans both sound like wasps being caught picking up the prison soap anyway, but the tunnel amplification just makes it sound more distressing!

Do: Thumbs up to people who more over for you. Every time.
ONLY if it is safe to do so AND you can control your bike while doing so, please...
Nothing more uncool than a filtering wobbler!

Ride it like you stole it.
Indeed... in a quiet, sensible, sedate manner that will not attract Police attention, right? :p

Soldato
Things (imo) you should and shouldn't do if you a biker

you should never ever clutchless shift,not if you care about your beloved machine:D

you should never ever be seen on a motorbike out in public wearing one of these either

you should always leave your bike in first when stationary at the lights,it makes you more of a man

try to take atleast one car mirror out daily,when filtering through traffic

if on a long journey and your out in the wilds of the wilderness don't stop to take a #1 or #2 just go while your still riding the bike,its what real men do:p

Clutchless shift is each to their own for me but not something I'd do for no reason other than I've always used a clutch, cars and bikes, so just use it.

Yes, helmet adornments should be limited to another helmet and the adornment being a condom.

No it doesn't despite what your mum has obviously told you.

I guess I've been fortunate as I've very infrequently have felt the need to do that to someones car though if I ever were to, or if I ever have done (which I am not admitting to), it would 99% of the time be a BMW I'd have to attack.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'm not really into ****ing or ******** myself ;)

Soldato
ONLY if your exhaust actually sounds good, please, which mostly limits this to Cruisers and similar V-Twins.
Revving 'Peds and Sporties with race cans both sound like wasps being caught picking up the prison soap anyway, but the tunnel amplification just makes it sound more distressing!

The Shortened can on my SV is great for this. I find it very hard not to blip it under bridges and in tunnels :D

Soldato

Personal preference, I think the former sounds like someone is farting into a tin can ;) :p

Soldato
IDK... V4's sound nice too ;)
They're a bit... Honda-ey, sometimes.
I've an Inline-4 and it's quite neighbour-friendly. Besides, by the time you hear it, it's been and gone!

Don't; pull your front brake while on a bend.
I'd argue - Learn how to properly front-brake in a bend!
You can do it and some schools teach it, but it must be used with care, else you risk overloading the front tyre and spinning the back out into a lowside.
Having binned a 125 doing just this, I find it works easier on heavier bikes.

Personal preference, I think the former sounds like someone is farting into a tin can
I think you're possibly confusing 'Cruiser' with 'Harley'... Most Yamaha Cruisers have a deep, throaty growl, reminiscent of the MGM lion, with Kwaks and Suzis quite similar. Harleys just sound... broken. :D

It's one of the few things I miss about my old Cruiser... :cool:

Soldato
2 pages in and nothing about the unspoken bikers nod of respect when seeing another group coming the other way

Also the universal thumbs down to another biker giving it the beans when youve just passed a pig with a shooter on the other side of that freshly tarmacked s bend

Soldato
2 pages in and nothing about the unspoken bikers nod of respect when seeing another group coming the other way

Also the universal thumbs down to another biker giving it the beans when youve just passed a pig with a shooter on the other side of that freshly tarmacked s bend

Back
Top Bottom