Bioware's Anthem

You have Premiere right? As opposed to Access?

Edit: Yes Origin access is tomorrow, however if you have stumped up for Premiere (I have, More fool me) you can play from 10:30 tonight,

Yep I have premier, to be fair I hadn't checked today, at work so will take your word for it! Good news will give it a bash tonight then.

I wish you all the best, I really hope that EA has learnt its lesson, I hope that it is a good quality low bug amount game and that they keep the loot boxes at bay, I hope the story is good and you all get your money's worth and have fun.

I may hate EA but I am not vindictive, I really do hope they learnt there lesson.

I hope it's better on release tomorrow than when i tried the demo a couple weeks ago, I loaded it up and had no heads rendered on any character in the game including mine, my player model ran backwards and wouldn't fly, I tried re installing it but got the same bugs again.

Everything in that list has been known about for a while. While some of the areas do seem lacking for a modern title a lot of these things I think is fair enough to not have at launch as long as the lifecycle of patches and new content is regular.

I am pretty sure he is one of the many "hate EA, but done really" brigade.
I did say I was earlier, I just prefer companies that do not try to screw us over at every turn, I lost respect for them after they smashed the mod scene for battlefield, after they stripped the guts out of the Mass effect team it was the "no more" moment for me, before that point I bought every collectors edition of Mass Effect and Dragon age, I supported them in every way I could, the loot boxes and unfinished releases just made it easier to spend my money on teams like CD Project.

So no i'm not the hypocrite, I will never play anthem or any other EA game.

I did say I was earlier, I just prefer companies that do not try to screw us over at every turn, I lost respect for them after they smashed the mod scene for battlefield, after they stripped the guts out of the Mass effect team it was the "no more" moment for me, before that point I bought every collectors edition of Mass Effect and Dragon age, I supported them in every way I could, the loot boxes and unfinished releases just made it easier to spend my money on teams like CD Project.

Then bore off lol.

Which you have reiterated multiple times in the thread, we get it, not sure why you keep posting in here when you clearly have no intention of playing this game.

Then bore off lol.
As far as I understand this like every other thread is a "Discussion" thread not just for those for/fanboys but those who dislike as well, I know that is a strange concept, I am just very surprised how easily EA is forgiven for past mistakes.

This is the company that single handedly ruined more companies it took over than any other from Bullfrog to Maxis, we lost Simcity and Sims got turned into a cash cow, we lost Dungeon keeper instead it got turned into a mobile gaming cash machine.

We lost the core and heart of Bioware.

We lost mods and private servers, Original Battlefield 1-2 and the original Battlefront 1-2 has full scale mod communities, I remember playing Battlefield 2 custom maps over 60km in size with 128vs128, a mod community that created new weapons and original work, I remember playing original Battlefront 2 with the battlestar galactica full conversion.

We lost all that when EA "updated" instead we gained loot boxes and shoddy releases, we gain gutted companies and EA smiles all the way to the bank because gamers just keep taking it and saying "please sir could I have some more"

I just don't get it honestly I don't.

As far as I understand this like every other thread is a "Discussion" thread not just for those for/fanboys but those who dislike as well, I know that is a strange concept, I am just very surprised how easily EA is forgiven for past mistakes.

This is the company that single handedly ruined more companies it took over than any other from Bullfrog to Maxis, we lost Simcity and Sims got turned into a cash cow, we lost Dungeon keeper instead it got turned into a mobile gaming cash machine.

We lost the core and heart of Bioware.

We lost mods and private servers, Original Battlefield 1-2 and the original Battlefront 1-2 has full scale mod communities, I remember playing Battlefield 2 custom maps over 60km in size with 128vs128, a mod community that created new weapons and original work, I remember playing original Battlefront 2 with the battlestar galactica full conversion.

We lost all that when EA "updated" instead we gained loot boxes and shoddy releases, we gain gutted companies and EA smiles all the way to the bank because gamers just keep taking it and saying "please sir could I have some more"

I just don't get it honestly I don't.

You are adding nothing to the discussion by repeating the same point at least 5 or 6 times in this thread. Think that was his point. You do not like EA and will not support them. However, that will not stop the rest of us doing as we please, and it does not matter if you find it surprising or not, nobody wants to engage in this discussion in this thread evidently so there is no discussion to be had. Start a separate thread about your hate for EA if necessary but clogging up the Anthem thread is not the right place.

You are adding nothing to the discussion by repeating the same point at least 5 or 6 times in this thread. Think that was his point. You do not like EA and will not support them. However, that will not stop the rest of us doing as we please, and it does not matter if you find it surprising or not, nobody wants to engage in this discussion in this thread evidently so there is no discussion to be had. Start a separate thread about your hate for EA if necessary but clogging up the Anthem thread is not the right place.

I'm enjoying hearing his perspective *shrugs*

These threads get boring when it's just a bunch of the game's fanbois jerking each other off

It seems the only people who see it as clogging up the thread is "fanboys" I believe, look I am a gamer, we are all gamer, the big problem I see in all of this is if we allow companies like EA to get away with this kind of stuff, if we forgive them too quickly then they don't change or learn.

We suffer in the end, we get less for more, we start to accept features missing on launch as the norm, we start to accept loot boxes and lack of personal choice be it mods or private servers.

We as gamer's loose out in the long run because if EA makes money using these tactics then other companies shareholders start to think "hmm maybe we should try that" just look how Bethesda has gone from golden boy to vilified and none of us a couple of years ago would have expected the debacle of Battlefront 2 or Fallout 76.

We as games suffer in the end if we say its okay and carry on.

But I'm not vindictive, I really honestly hope that the launch today of Anthem goes well, that EA has learnt its lesson and you all get your monies worth and EA do not try to penny pinch you as customers because THAT is a win win for every gamer on the planet whether they play Anthem or not.

And if it all falls flat and you all end up back here ripping into EA for messing up the launch and providing substandard content and features, don't blame them..

Blame yourself for pre-ordering, blame yourself for giving them your money and ask yourself when am I going to stop being a fool for these guys.

You should have known better.

IF they prove me wrong then woohooo! that would be amazing news.

I sadly think they know Anthem is going to drop like a rock and that is why they released Apex when they did to molify shareholders.

Back
Top Bottom