Bioware's Anthem

I didnt read all on your post, cant be arsed to get involved in BS but i did spot you saying Anthem will drop like a rockhow do you know this?

Have you ever played diablo or pathe of exile? Are they dead ? no! The reason is people kleep coming back for more loot.
Everyone seems to miss the point about anthems endgame, people say it has no content blah blah blah but its structured just like diablo etc , you re run content for random lot drops.
Take The division 1 for example, it had/has a very limited amount of loot but a decent amount of world content, its the loot that keeps people playing longterm not the number of locations.
This is where the division died off dramatically, it simply did not have enough loot for a loot based game.
Anthem will have unlimited random drop sand random rolls, if the gameplay is fun the infinite grind for loot will be enjoyable enough to keep people log in to grind for loot.

As for releasing Apex to please shareholders, thats utter BS, nobody could forsee just how good or popular it was going to be.
Apex is Respawns baby that just happens to be under the EA banner.

I'm enjoying hearing his perspective *shrugs*

These threads get boring when it's just a bunch of the game's fanbois jerking each other off

I think most people would be happy to discuss the merits of the game itself but banging on about EA and loot boxes and how they have ruined gaming is nothing to do with Anthem. It's a discussion relevant for a different thread.

Take The division 1 for example, it had/has a very limited amount of loot but a decent amount of world content, its the loot that keeps people playing longterm not the number of locations.
This is where the division died off dramatically, it simply did not have enough loot for a loot based game.

Are you sure you've played The Division? :p

The world content is very lacking once you hit level 30 and the loot pool is reasonable though not as extensive as it could be - especially exotics they could have done a lot more with.

480 hours in the division yes, loot is very limited with only a hand full of sets.
I do agree the world content is lacking but on balance the world is more substantial then the volume of loot, thats my point.

As for why I think Anthem will drop like a rock, past experiences (recent ) with EA, Battlefront2, Mass Effect Andromeda, Battlefield 5, Bioware is barely a husk of what it was before EA gutted it, all the talent left to do there own thing, the odds are against Anthem and look at the engine they are using.

As I said I will be very happy as a gamer IF EA proves me wrong and Anthem does well.

I really do think your failing to understand the endgame of anthem and how it works, you strike me as someone who has very little experience of looter based games.
Your just predicting the games demise on the back of your personal crusade against EA.

For £15 on premier it doesn't bother me if it flops. Get to play a new game with some friends and I have other games to fall back on.

@Cully when was the last time you played the division? The world is lifeless and empty aside from a few generic trash mobs which are pointless. I played thousands of hours from 1.0 to latest patch and have always felt this way about the world.

Players in td1 now get showered in loot now as well which has a lot of options with recal and combinations however they made a mistake with classifieds, they are so powerful everything else is basically redundant.

I really do think your failing to understand the endgame of anthem and how it works, you strike me as someone who has very little experience of looter based games.
Your just predicting the games demise on the back of your personal crusade against EA.

The problem is that gamers have lost faith for the likes of Bethesda and EA due to them screwing ppl over with micro-transactions, i didn't buy BF5 this year as it look like a re-skinned BF-1 with small tweaks here or there. not only that the amount they charge games (£50 for standalone or £70 for some DLC that should be free in the first place) for when not all the content is not available. It's becoming more and more noticeable that they rush games out that are buggy as hell and then add silly mirco-transaction for things like skin colour or stupid emotes. Also they make is so difficult for grinding to get legendaries that benefit the Pay to play rubbish.

For £15 on premier it doesn't bother me if it flops. Get to play a new game with some friends and I have other games to fall back on.

Also you can try it for 10 hours using one month of EA Access Basic. Heck for £20 a year you get that advantage and a load of other games to play (which is what I had).

Looking forward to giving it a go later and deciding if I want to buy it after.

I assume the answer is yes, but can anyone confirm that the progress made during the 10 hour "Trial" carries over if I decide to buy the game outright / via premier?

@Cully when was the last time you played the division? The world is lifeless and empty aside from a few generic trash mobs which are pointless. I played thousands of hours from 1.0 to latest patch and have always felt this way about the world.

Players in td1 now get showered in loot now as well which has a lot of options with recal and combinations however they made a mistake with classifieds, they are so powerful everything else is basically redundant.

Your missing my point, i actually havent played the division in ages and totally agree with you about lifeless world.
I stopped playing because i had nothing left to do, every new patch i was finished with within days because i had everything needed for every possible build therefore it simply does not have enough endgame.
Showering players with meaningless loot is absolutely pointless and does not equate to good loot.
A handful of sets is absolutely tiny for a loot based game.

The problem is that gamers have lost faith for the likes of Bethesda and EA due to them screwing ppl over with micro-transactions, i didn't buy BF5 this year as it look like a re-skinned BF-1 with small tweaks here or there. not only that the amount they charge games (£50 for standalone or £70 for some DLC that should be free in the first place) for when not all the content is not available. It's becoming more and more noticeable that they rush games out that are buggy as hell and then add silly mirco-transaction for things like skin colour or stupid emotes. Also they make is so difficult for grinding to get legendaries that benefit the Pay to play rubbish.

I totally agree, i havent pre ordered a game in over two years and wont do either.

The guy predicting the game will die is missing the point, looter games when done well live a lot longer than other games, especially live service ones.
Hes comparing them to the likes of battlefront 2 and andromeda which to be fair have little to no replayability.
By nature looter games live longer but live or die by their endgame.
He is predicting the games demise based on hatred for EA more than game substance which is just silly to me.
Its like oh the game is published by EA it just has to fail.
I absolutely hate EA but come one if a game is good its good and time will tell with Anthem.

Personally i will try it out via a month sub or origin premier.
If it holds my interest cool ,if not i have far too many games to keep me occupied :)

I totally agree, i havent pre ordered a game in over two years and wont do either.

The guy predicting the game will die is missing the point, looter games when done well live a lot longer than other games, especially live service ones.
Hes comparing them to the likes of battlefront 2 and andromeda which to be fair have little to no replayability.
By nature looter games live longer but live or die by their endgame.
He is predicting the games demise based on hatred for EA more than game substance which is just silly to me.
Its like oh the game is published by EA it just has to fail.
I absolutely hate EA but come one if a game is good its good and time will tell with Anthem.

Personally i will try it out via a month sub or origin premier.
If it holds my interest cool ,if not i have far too many games to keep me occupied :)

I am looking at the Primer also, as your not limited to one game.

I do agree that looter games last longer for example diablo 3, you play one more game in hope to get the legendary item and end up playing for 4 hours. from what i understand on Anthem is that you can't get legendary until level 30 but the question is how long does it take to get to level 30 (are we talking 100 of hours or a couple) that they use micro-transactions in hope to get one legendary.

Your missing my point, i actually havent played the division in ages and totally agree with you about lifeless world.
I stopped playing because i had nothing left to do, every new patch i was finished with within days because i had everything needed for every possible build therefore it simply does not have enough endgame.
Showering players with meaningless loot is absolutely pointless and does not equate to good loot.
A handful of sets is absolutely tiny for a loot based game.

ah got you, yeah completely agree on that front.

Not to turn this into a TD thread but they really messed up not spending more time on the exotics post gear sets - tweaking some of the more useless ones and introducing even a small number of new ones (other than the weapons) would have done a lot of good albeit probably a good bit of extra work balancing them, etc.

Never got round to paying the demo as was ill :(

Fancy that tank fella as my starter was it any good or best off with another as my first suit? (was a Titan in D2)

Also how long does it take to actually get into the action as only have ten hours until next week's full release.

WHat tim
Also you can try it for 10 hours using one month of EA Access Basic. Heck for £20 a year you get that advantage and a load of other games to play (which is what I had).

Looking forward to giving it a go later and deciding if I want to buy it after.

I assume the answer is yes, but can anyone confirm that the progress made during the 10 hour "Trial" carries over if I decide to buy the game outright / via premier?

yep it will do

Back
Top Bottom