Bioware's Anthem

Played all weekend and only had 1 crash at mission end. Enjoying it so far, except for the super annoying "repair 3 javelins" bit that's required to advance. That took a while.

Howcome sometimes my Legendary weapons disappears? When I got to level 8 or something I got a legendary Marksman Rifle and a rocket launcher too and every so often after a mission it's gone but then 1 or 2 missions later it suddenly returns? lol

Because these days alpha/beta testing is more about leeching money from gamers than it is about actually testing the game for bugs.

biggest problem i have atm is I keep getting stuck running in 1 direction, seen a few posts about it but no solution, apart from that sound has cut out twice for me, only way to get sound back is game restart, tried lowering rate to 44.1 as some suggested but that made no difference.

Bah, I was really wanting to like this game. I thought I would find some people defending it in here but this is a trainwreck.

Quite a few of us knew it would be from the start

As for EA going bankrupt - lol... that will never happen so long as the masses keep pre-ordering and swallowing their **** in droves. What will happen is they'll give what remains of Bioware the chop just like they did to countless other companies in this exact same type of situation

Anthem crashes and burns, to the surprise of absolutely no-one. You only really had to look at the publisher involved to know not to waste your money on it (ditto Fallout 76, that was a 100% guaranteed disaster from day 1), especially not to pre-order...yet the mugs line up around the block, helping to ruin their own hobby...

:rolleyes:

It’s a huge wreck. It’s so painful to play and boring as hell imho. I won’t be buying another EA game ever again. Hope they go bankrupt.

I don't want them to go bankrupt because I'm having too much fun in Apex and wouldn't want that to go up in the air but like many others I guess deep down, we knew Anthem was going to suck the big one. Thankfully, Division 2 is just around the corner to fulfil my looter-shooter needs

lol you gonna hate me, but I like the game. I loved ME3/MEA MP too. Just not playing it for 10 hours straight. Anthem is the same. I see reviews of people putting in 50 hours in the first 3 days. WTF.

I had DCs on Friday late and mainly Saturday. After the latest patch, everything seems good. Also I do have 1 bug, whole screen goes black, this always happens after I log into the game first and do some mundane activity like kitting my Jav or at end of mission screen. If I shut down the game and restart it doesn't happen. Could be my PC. Other cplaint is the laoding sreens, love it how people spend £1000 on a video card to play the game but not £100 to get a decent SSD. I don't find the Anthem loading screens any more annoying than Division or other games.

So far the game is great.... for playing it 2 hours a day:) I spent more time doing the Javs, colours kits etc. One of the issues, is the people you play with. You get idiots that rush it or idiots that join up for the Hard Difficulty dying non stop, rushing into battle like.... idiots. Thing is ALL games are exactly the same, be it Div, WoW, Warframe etc. Groups just rush dungeons/mission as fast as humanly possible.

If anyone is actually playing it and wants a good partner to go Freeplay and doing the hard stuff, give me a shout and feel free to add and invite me: GixxerDrei

Bah, I was really wanting to like this game. I thought I would find some people defending it in here but this is a trainwreck.

I'm only a couple of hours in and am currently playing it as a Mass Effecty story driven shooty game and it's enjoyable so far. No crashes, on an SSD loads seem OK although they come at odd times. Writing OK, acting OK, shooting OK. World looks nice. It's not amazing so far but enjoyable and I am glad I try games out rather than listen to Youtube. You can join the Origin thingy for 15 quid for a month and play it so not terrible cost wise.

Also get 60fps plus at 3440x1440 and ultrawide has good support.

Last edited:
lol you gonna hate me, but I like the game. I loved ME3/MEA MP too. Just not playing it for 10 hours straight. Anthem is the same. I see reviews of people putting in 50 hours in the first 3 days. WTF.

Who are these weird people? 50hrs? To be fair, I have known people to take time off work to play new games on release day and they like to put in all the hours they can during that time off. Heck I know of someone who took a week off when Fallout 4 came out. A WEEK!!!

As for Anthem, I have played about a couple of hours of my 10hr trial. It's better than the demos were. But still clunky in places and the menu system is still overwhelming. Eventually figured out how to change the colours for my javelin so now my Storm javelin looks like a Superman incarnation. Will have to take a screenshot and post it soon! I'm still not sure I will buy the game, if I do it will be when it's very cheap! For now the 10hr trial is more than enough for me.

When it's not bugged, it's a hella blast!

I had DCs on Friday late and mainly Saturday. After the latest patch, everything seems good. Also I do have 1 bug, whole screen goes black, this always happens after I log into the game first and do some mundane activity like kitting my Jav or at end of mission screen. If I shut down the game and restart it doesn't happen. Could be my PC. Other cplaint is the laoding sreens, love it how people spend £1000 on a video card to play the game but not £100 to get a decent SSD. I don't find the Anthem loading screens any more annoying than Division or other games.

So far the game is great.... for playing it 2 hours a day:) I spent more time doing the Javs, colours kits etc. One of the issues, is the people you play with. You get idiots that rush it or idiots that join up for the Hard Difficulty dying non stop, rushing into battle like.... idiots. Thing is ALL games are exactly the same, be it Div, WoW, Warframe etc. Groups just rush dungeons/mission as fast as humanly possible.

If anyone is actually playing it and wants a good partner to go Freeplay and doing the hard stuff, give me a shout and feel free to add and invite me: GixxerDrei

I had to revive someone 3 times quite quickly in Freeplay mode on Hard difficulty last night on the PS4. I do love zipping in and out of places as Intercepter, when lag isn't getting in the way of the camera.

Who are these weird people? 50hrs? To be fair, I have known people to take time off work to play new games on release day and they like to put in all the hours they can during that time off. Heck I know of someone who took a week off when Fallout 4 came out. A WEEK!!!

For a lot of people (and not necessarily the poster above!) it works like this:

Initially they pre-ordered the game - psychologically that is you saying "I believe that this game will be good and worth putting my money down before even reviews are out"... That's initially a huge bit of pressure to like the game - if it comes out and you admit that it's rubbish, that is effectively you admitting to being an idiot for stupidly thinking it would be anything else...

So you give the game a chance, maybe you put in a few 10s of hours... well now you really can't admit that the game is trash because not only have you staked your money against it, you've now given up your time and invested yourself into the experience. But you're not a total moron are you? No of course you're not, you're someone with great taste and an eye for quality games - therefore this game must have been worthwhile, right?

If you get really invested then you end up feeling compelled to defend it in threads on forums etc. as well, sometimes almost aggressively, because everyone being critical of the game actually feels like they are attacking you (because they're saying that only a total fool would have invested in or believed in this heap of a game)

It's not helped by the fact that all the big developers know that this is a thing and design all the game systems around creating this investment as quickly as possible (it's why you earn so much more lootboxes etc. at lower levels)

As for Anthem, I have played about a couple of hours of my 10hr trial. It's better than the demos were. But still clunky in places and the menu system is still overwhelming. Eventually figured out how to change the colours for my javelin so now my Storm javelin looks like a Superman incarnation. Will have to take a screenshot and post it soon! I'm still not sure I will buy the game, if I do it will be when it's very cheap! For now the 10hr trial is more than enough for me.

Agreed. Seems to get better with patches.

Most reviewers put in 50+ hours to get to max level and try end content etc.

I bough the Legion version, maybe I should have got the standard from cdkeys for £30. Anyhow, game is OK and I wasted a lot more money and skins and crap through the years on stupid mini transactions on games I will never play again.
The game needs better teams when doing the harder difficulty stuff and to actually take it slightly easier and look at the world around. Collect some mats every now and then, rather than rush through all content in 10 hours, then call it a **** game.

In regards to @uncle_rufus I am not sure that is the case. I have purchased games which I realised were **** and never wasted my time. Can always apply for a refund, make a big enough fuss I am sure EA would give you at least a EA credit.

Bottom line is this: Are you having fun in the game? I am, I haven't run into any huge glitches or bugs... except for the HUGE bug in the first Stronghold:D, and all the other smaller bugs in there.

What matters is how you feel about the game and the time spent. Do I regret the 100's if not 1000's of hours that went into WoW since 2004? No, I had fun at the time.

Do I regret the years wasted with my EX? No, at the time I had fun and I loved her. Yes it was a bitter and **** breakup, but that was because I never thought to look back at the actual time and how I felt at that moment, not at the end.

You know that saying, the journey not the destination?

Add me to your Origin and lets have some fun:)

Last edited:
I should also mention that people exploited the crap out of this buff that stacked indefinitely. They got to 30 and got the best end game gear possible. They were 1 hit killing bosses:)))) Then they bitch they ran out of content....

Back
Top Bottom