Bioware's Anthem

Associate
Do these graphics look right? All the screenshots and videos I've seen have the javelins looking nice and crisp with well detailed visuals, yet mine looks very flat and dull like this.

0aBrbGS.jpg

Everything is on Ultra bar Chromatic Aberation and Motion Blur which are both turned off.

Do you mean graphics wise or wear state wise ?

If its wear state you can change it in appearance in the forge. New and clean should get it looking nice and shiny.

Soldato
Well, I managed about 7 hours of gameplay before my Origin Access ran out. I can see the flaws, but it was far better than I was expecting from the reviews. Will definately be revisiting it in future once it's been fleshed out a bit more.

Soldato
Is this weeks or months from being worth buying?

I loved the trailers, hated the reviews, I do like the sound of the gameplay but so many problems in the reviews that cannot be ignored…

Associate

I loved the trailers, hated the reviews, I do like the sound of the gameplay but so many problems in the reviews that cannot be ignored…

I think it all depends on what kind of games you like. I’m a massive Grindy type that loves grinding for better gear. I’m also pushing higher GM levels which is really challenging.

If you like that type of thing it’s worth getting now but there are some serious flaws with the game at the moment.

Content (lack of) although there does seem to be new open world missions and contracts turning up.

If you like the look of the game play but worry about the lack of content and the grind fest that it is I would wait until the end of March to see what content is added with the whole live service thing they are doing.

Associate

I know it's probably not what these games are about but I am really enjoying playing through the story/campaign at the moment. Got about 20 hours out of it so far and the writing, acting and missions are all pretty good. There are also a lot of side missions to do as well. The combat is fun and flying around in your javelin is really cool. I only just found out as a Colossus I can fly close to the ground and knock enemies over with my shield as I go!

The loot drops and progressing your javelins power are addictive as well. Did a couple of Strongholds and they were fun as well. Maybe it depends on how much time you have to chew through the content. May not be enough to keep you going for long at the moment unless you like the power grind.

Associate
I know it's probably not what these games are about but I am really enjoying playing through the story/campaign at the moment. Got about 20 hours out of it so far and the writing, acting and missions are all pretty good. There are also a lot of side missions to do as well. The combat is fun and flying around in your javelin is really cool. I only just found out as a Colossus I can fly close to the ground and knock enemies over with my shield as I go!

The loot drops and progressing your javelins power are addictive as well. Did a couple of Strongholds and they were fun as well. Maybe it depends on how much time you have to chew through the content. May not be enough to keep you going for long at the moment unless you like the power grind.

I enjoyed the story as well. I’ve started a new character so I can do another play through.

Associate
To me this is a space version of Diablo - when it first started and pushing different torment levels. Yes I am addicted :)

Finish GM2 quite comfortably as a Colossus with my Self healing Mortar and Freeze Shield.

Soldato
I like the game but its buggy and has a lot of the basic things I expect a game to have missing. Hopefully the bugs will get fixed and missing elements will be added but it should not be released like this, if they labeled it early access it would be fine.

Associate
I like the game but its buggy and has a lot of the basic things I expect a game to have missing. Hopefully the bugs will get fixed and missing elements will be added but it should not be released like this, if they labeled it early access it would be fine.
I dissagree.

This trend for slapping a label of early access on a product and pushing any old **** out the door needs to stop.
If you don't have a working product to release then don't release it and certainly don't ask people to pay for it. Free beta and early access to improve the game, fine. Charging people to be beta or alpha testers is a worrying trend that needs to stop, especially when said games often take an age to improve if they improve at all.

Soldato
Another thing that's really ******* me off, Freeplay. It's supposed to be a massive open world yet there's only you and three others, and everybody else is just flying/running about doing their own thing, so when you come across something like one of those titans you have no chance of completing it as you're alone. And there's no chat or ping option either, so you can't request backup. I can understand only four players in a mission, but in a massive open world it's ******* ridiculous.

Associate
Another thing that's really ******* me off, Freeplay. It's supposed to be a massive open world yet there's only you and three others, and everybody else is just flying/running about doing their own thing, so when you come across something like one of those titans you have no chance of completing it as you're alone. And there's no chat or ping option either, so you can't request backup. I can understand only four players in a mission, but in a massive open world it's ******* ridiculous.

Yeah i agree its a bit underwelming.

If you go into freeplay at GM2 or GM3 you will find, more often than not, all four players will stick together unless they are just farming mats.

Apparently "request back up" is going to be a thing.

way points and better mapping system is also apparently coming.

the ability to enter the strider has already been found (glitched) It would appear that's how we were meant to change our gear and teleport across the map but it was held back whilst they created the social hub.

You are right though, i would love to see loads of javelins flying around rather than 4 but then the problem would be not enough world events for everyone.

It would be nice if they could come up with a way of having one huge world event boss where it takes 20 odd players to kill. im not sure if that would ever be possible though.

As pretty as the frostbite engine is i really don't think it was designed for this type of game in mind.

Soldato
I dissagree.

This trend for slapping a label of early access on a product and pushing any old **** out the door needs to stop.
If you don't have a working product to release then don't release it and certainly don't ask people to pay for it. Free beta and early access to improve the game, fine. Charging people to be beta or alpha testers is a worrying trend that needs to stop, especially when said games often take an age to improve if they improve at all.
If it was labeled early access, it would inform the buyer it was not finished so its up to the user to decide if they trust the developer/publisher. I would not buy an EA(or most other) early access games but I would for something like Cyberpunk 2077 as I trust the developers and i will be buying it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom