Bioware's Anthem

4GB patch and the games is just so broken now, never played such a poor game before. EA should get shutdown for releasing this!

Had to laugh at them advertising this on facebook with the origin access thing, pay for access and get a half finished, unoptimized game. What a bargain!

Just thought I'd post back update, I've noticed in task manager it says 100% of my CPU is being used at all times.

I tried the game again in free mode on low settings and my fps has gone upto 77fps and seemed a little but better after trying community fixes but I won't know for sure yet if the jerking/stuttering/rubber banding has gone yet until I tried a normal mission in coop so i'll post back on that later.

Do you know how to fix this 100% cpu usage? Do we need a patch for that?

That community fix to minimise, click origin and click application settings and the maximise the game again didn't work for me.

I'm having an issue when aiming/zooming using a controller in this game. I'm getting between 50-90fps, the game feels smooth, but when I hold down the left trigger to aim/zoom it becomes stuttery/juddery as though the frame rate is much lower. The fps indicator shows no drop in framerate, it just feels that way. If I change the settings to toggle to aim/zoom, so I am not holding the trigger, the problem disappears.Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas how to fix it?

Doing GM level strongholds with randoms is painful. How can people be so bad at such a simple game, the only mechanics are “stand behind cover when the boss shoots”. Incredible levels of special.

What are they doing and what classes?

Hmm...

I agree. Interceptor is unplayable above Hardmode. Melees hit like a wet noodle, can't critically hit and there is 0 synergy in this game regarding melee combat.

Bioware got it right in Mass Effect. Here, it is absolutely brainvoid. No shield leech or shield restore for melee combat and no meaningful damage upgrades.

How is a meleeceptor supposed to remain in close combat ? And you even put a cooldown on their dash ability. This is not a good idea for a class that has 0 tankiness and relies on mobility.

Melee should be deadly to foes, due to the great risk. But it is not. In fact, Melee is currently the weakest form of combat, yet the most unforgiving.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Grandmaster-difficulty/td-p/7512194

One thing I don't like is that in the pre-release videos they showed loads of footage of Javelins hovering there in mid-air, raining down the hurt on enemies. Whereas the reality is that you can only hover for a few seconds before your engines overhear. Same for flying too, the engines overheat far too quickly.

Damn, this is a hefty update for the game on the PS4. Yesterday I had an update for 1.02 that was just over 5GB and todays patch is 10.85GB for 1.03.

One thing I don't like is that in the pre-release videos they showed loads of footage of Javelins hovering there in mid-air, raining down the hurt on enemies. Whereas the reality is that you can only hover for a few seconds before your engines overhear. Same for flying too, the engines overheat far too quickly.

Yeah that was a nice feature initially.

It still looks good but too many of the downgrades after seeing that is quite depressing. Especially the missing foliage. Plus from what I've read, no ultra widescreen support yet for those immersive PC gamers.

Last edited:
The question I'd like to know is, why such drastic changes? Was the E3 2017 on a high end PC then gimped for consoles because the framerate would tank...

It's irritating that this is now part and parcel of game releases. They show off things that look really impressive then dumb it down substantially for the final release. Crysis back in 2007 was no different with the jungle fight vids that actually seemed to be pre-renders more than they were actual gameplay.

Got the story finished and to say lacklustre is an understatement. Then again these types of games never have a proper engaging story. On with the loot grind and last few levels tomorrow.

Anybody else having a weird bug whereby the game reverts to 1280x720 each time you start it up and you have to go through and manually choose 1920x1080 again? All other settings stay on Ultra, but for some reason the resolution always changes on it's own.

I've asked via the official EA channels but they don't seem to deem it worthy of a response. I asked on the EA forums and all I got there was a load of other people experiencing the exact same thing but no answers from an EA staff member.

Back
Top Bottom