Bioware's Anthem

Associate
Glad they have acknowledged this but they need to patch this out ASAP.

Like many others on reddit it now feels pointless grinding for the better gear when there are players running around GM3 strongholds with their level 1 weapons and abilities equipped :(

Soldato
Tuesday is going to make or break people sticking with Anthem especially with Div 2 out for some.

I haven't touched it since the weekend as drops are none existent and quick play is still bugged so I can't progress that challenge.

Associate
Tuesday is going to make or break people sticking with Anthem especially with Div 2 out for some.

I haven't touched it since the weekend as drops are none existent and quick play is still bugged so I can't progress that challenge.

Plenty of drops for me the last few days,2 legendaries and countless masterworks the last two days 2 hours played each day.
I enjoy the endgame loot grind despite the issues,gameplay and combat are great fun but i wont be keeping my origin access sub, just got it to try anthem out.

Associate
Plenty of drops for me the last few days,2 legendaries and countless masterworks the last two days 2 hours played each day.
I enjoy the endgame loot grind despite the issues,gameplay and combat are great fun but i wont be keeping my origin access sub, just got it to try anthem out.

What activities are you running? Still need to lvl up, currently 23 but looking for better guns/abilities.

Associate
GM2 freeplay , join the /r/AnthemTheGame discord, LFG EU section to find groups quickly.
No loading screens just plenty of world events , great fun.

Soldato

I was like that last week when we put 100 hours in but once we got decked out in masterworks the drops suddenly stopped, didn't get an upgrade in 3 days and so far I've had 2 legendaries drop. I miss playing as the combat is fun and the combo system is satisfying when you trigger it.

I hope they manage to turn this around and do a diablo v2 on it so to speak.

V F

V F

Soldato
Luckily I didn't get disabled from it but a Colossus took a nasty hit and I had to swoop in to save them so they could finish it off. I was severely under powered at level 8, only my disc stars were doing 165 damage to it but had to keep my distance to save others incase they got disabled.

It was my first time seeing a Titan, it was during a night scene. Was a pretty bad ass light show like something straight out of the 2008 Hulk movie, or Man of Steel.

I decided to check out the Bane area that looked like a swamp once I saw the light show. Then wondered what the huge armed monster was. What a range it covers.

Associate
53 hours in and I've uninstalled it. Grinding the same stronghold over and over for loot got too much for me, especially when the loot I need only seems to drop once every 100 runs. And then the disconnects, CTD's, etc. Maybe if they keep developing it I'll come back for another look in about 6 months.

Associate
53 hours in and I've uninstalled it. Grinding the same stronghold over and over for loot got too much for me, especially when the loot I need only seems to drop once every 100 runs. And then the disconnects, CTD's, etc. Maybe if they keep developing it I'll come back for another look in about 6 months.
Flying around freeplay for crafting nodes and then crafting masterworks has been the way to gear for me; boring though. It's annoying as I enjoy the game and will still be playing it, just not every night.

There is now official info on what all the Inscriptions do. https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG...ou_need_to_know_about_inscriptions_in_anthem/

Alright, so there is a much easier way to farm for good items, guaranteed at least 1 Masterwork per run without taking in the loot drops. This is via Legendary Contracts in a full team. The idea is that each person in the team takes 3 legendary contracts, the other 3 don't. Each contract guarantees 1 MW Drop. AFter the 3 contracts are done, next person gets the next 3 and so forth. This means 12 MW Guaranteed Drops in about 30 to 45 minutes. Beats the **** out of farming the same Stronghold. The catch is that you only get 3 Legendary Contracts per Day, hence why it is better that each person takes them at a time, avoid doing the same contract together.

https://segmentnext.com/2019/02/28/anthem-legendary-contracts-guide-how-to-unlock/

Happy to do this with anyone. 1 hour a day and 12 drops. Sure for casual play:) So pick a time and lets get on.

P.S. I actually need to unlock these contracts first:D:p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Of course it's 'grindy', it's a looter shooter - that's how they work! How many hours did you have invested before you thought it dull?

There is interesting grind and boring grind though - some games I can play the grindy sections over and over without getting completely sick of them others you never want to replay a level or zone, etc. again.

Soldato
Supposedly around 300 changes coming on March 12th and by month end things should be more promising. This could quite easily have been a decent game from launch with just another 2-3 months before release and some altered decisions on how the Fort works. Instead, it's as if the community has beta tested it for them in huge numbers having already paid the price of a big title.

One or two of the smaller decisions behind the mechanics are idiotic though. Increases to blast damage, that don't actually alter the blast ability equip and instead buff only explosive damage as one example.

Soldato
Lots of people have really enjoyed it it seems, but it is a new Industry-norm of 'Half arsed, unfinished, as-little-effort-and-content-as-we-think-we-can-get-away-with' game. And to think they were talking about a 10 year life-span, it'll be dead in 10 months.

So 6 years of dev wasted (not that I believe for a minute they spent 6 years on it).

Back
Top Bottom