Black Desert Online

Soldato
A mates slowly talking me around to buying this, watched a few vids and I like the look of the combat mechanics.

What's the group play like in this? I've always liked playing tanks, what's the synergy like in groups? Do you have dungeon runs?
Also since I generally suck at PVP, is it forced in anyway or can I quest in peace?

Soldato
No dungeons as of yet (I believe open world dungeons are coming though), everyone is flagged for pvp at 45 I think and there is no trinity in the game, think more GW2.

Associate
No dungeons as of yet (I believe open world dungeons are coming though), everyone is flagged for pvp at 45 I think and there is no trinity in the game, think more GW2.

Yeah I think the lack of group pve content is a killer for me. Even the guild missions are mainly gathering solo and don't require any teamwork.

I like how in depth the trading and professions are in game and wish wow went that direction instead of dumbing everything down.

Associate
This is the first MMO for a while that has kept me hooked. It's definitely not for everyone. The UI does need some TLC & there is so much to do with very little explanation of how to necessarily do it.

I've yet to hit 45 and get into the whole PvP aspect of things as I quite like doing lots of the other types of quests & taking things slowly (plus work & a puppy to entertain means I can only play a few hours each evening). Chatting to one of the guildies the other day & I had more contribution points at level 37 than he did at 50. It all depends on what you want to do & how you want to play.

I'm not in the OCUK guild but I did attend my guilds boss scrolls yesterday & even though I couldn't really take part in the tank & spank I threw the occasional heal, stayed out of danger & still got loot at the end. So I'd say if you guys are doing them too maybe take everyone along for the fun. :D

Soldato
Starting up over this weekend, Friends been bugging me since launch to give it ago, now I'm finally getting bored with Division going to give it at blast.

In the first CBT I played a Tamer but the Sorceress is looking like a solid choice, I'm trying to move away from my usual pic i.e Warrior for tanking or a healer.

Anyone still playing that runs at 3440x1440, Have they made it smoother than in CBT?

Last edited:
Soldato
Well you could try the new class added this week which comes in two flavours. The Maehwa or Musa, the latter is more suited to AoE with the former more single target both great fun.

Associate
~I am shocked that this game isn't more popular here.

I have been playing it for about a month now, and I have to say this is the most refreshing mmorpg I have played in years.

It is complicated to get into, and you will find yourself learning something new everyday you play. You will find yourself lost. You will get frustrated at the lack of hand holding.

But I personally found it liberating to have so much choice in a game. I can do what I want, and achieve what I want, in whichever way I want.

You can literally fight or trade or craft or farm your way to the top here. There really is no set way to do anything.

I really recommend this to anyone who is bored of the typical 'run here' kill this 'do this' type of gaming.

This is sandbox... in the true meaning of the word.

I am in EU Crocus Balenos 1 server.

~M~

Associate
I got this game on release and played with a few friends, it just turns into a grind fest and gets so boring that I just can't bring myself to play it any more... shame as at first it was fun but the menu's are not exactly easy to follow when you first play and you have to spend a bit of time watching videos to find out how to do things..

Soldato
Really interested in trying this if anyone happens to have a guest pass going please?
I loved SWG which was a sandbox MMO so hoping I will like this.

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
~I am shocked that this game isn't more popular here.

I have been playing it for about a month now, and I have to say this is the most refreshing mmorpg I have played in years.

It is complicated to get into, and you will find yourself learning something new everyday you play. You will find yourself lost. You will get frustrated at the lack of hand holding.

But I personally found it liberating to have so much choice in a game. I can do what I want, and achieve what I want, in whichever way I want.

You can literally fight or trade or craft or farm your way to the top here. There really is no set way to do anything.

I really recommend this to anyone who is bored of the typical 'run here' kill this 'do this' type of gaming.

This is sandbox... in the true meaning of the word.

I am in EU Crocus Balenos 1 server.

~M~

Its an incredible MMO that is for sure, amazing in every way.

Soldato
Sooo..... is this game worth getting then?

The majority of those that got it still playing? Guest passes seem super rare now so would like to hear from those that have it as to how good it is now.

A few posts back someone was saying the ocuk guild seems dead, only 2 people on each day, is this true?

Cheers

Associate
its a very different gaming experience to many of the mmorpgs that are released every month or so.

I cannot stress this enough.

there is no hand holding in this game. you are not told where to go, or how to get there, and the reason being, is that you do not NEED to do anything, or go anywhere specific. This game allows you so much freedom to do as you please, which is why a lot of ppl are put off.

Ppl like to be given a linear path to achieve success in a game. However, here it is not so. Yes there is grinding, the simple mindless kill kill kill method. And lots of ppl get burnt out on that. However, using a little thought, can help you achieve the same things through other methods, like trading, farming, crafting, fishing etc etc

but those methods require a little more thought, and ppl are not always prepared to think...

I love the game, and its constantly populated servers is testimony to its success. lots of ppl will stop after a week or so, and go back to waiting for another wow clone. if that's what you're after, then this is NOT the game for you.

but if you want a game which allows YOU to dictate your journey, then give it a shot.

Associate
I have an account with 2 lvl 52 ( Valk / Ranger ) chars and it also has a spare guest pass. I played it for 3 weeks and in short it is like crack once you start playing you cant seem to stop.

A good game no doubt.. Bought some outfits and weapons from the store for both chars, I wont be playing anymore due to it having too much impact on my life.

Anyone fancy an acct?

Back
Top Bottom