• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black Friday/cyber Monday - what would count as worth buying?

Managed to snag just 2 items during black friday, and they're not even for me! But I was happy with the pricing as I'd been watching for awhile. 990 Pro 1Tb = £58. And 990 Pro 2Tb = £119.

There were few decent deals on other components (like the 7800x3d one) but GPUs were extremely disappointing across all shops. Funny how the just released 7800xt actually had best discounts :D.
Nvidia basically had 0 deals I guess people will buy their overpriced stuff anyway so they don't even have to care.

Do you think any extra deals will be released for "Cyber Monday" either for OC or any other online tech store or the deals we have now is it??

Considering how overall bad even the BF deals have been, with drops still higher than weeks before or fake deals (no real price drops), I'm feeling doubtful.
OCUK may bring back some popular deals for Monday though, so keep an eye out for anything missed.
E.g. they've run out of stock on the Asus B650E-E, but is still available for pre-order at the discounted price, for when they get more stock.

Would be nice if the case I'm looking to buy comes back down to the all-time low from the week before BF, but I'm not holding my breath.
At this point, my extreme patience is allowing me to sit on this pile of PC parts and wait, till this case comes into decent pricing again, to buy the last bit.

Last edited:
Almost bought an LG c3 65 and some M.2 drives but decided againt it. I will wait until early next year for a tv and i dont really need the drives. Bought 10kg of protein powder. Excited.

This was the first time I did not buy anything on black Friday.

Same.. I did buy 2 items while browsing the Black Friday deals but they were not on the sales, just items I needed at the time..

After Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales I grabbed a pair of ssds from Samsung (worked out cheaper than BF and Cyber Monday deals) as they currently have cashback offers on many things and OCUK is one of the qualifying stores the cashback works on too.

To take part in this promotion, you'll need to purchase a qualifying new Samsung product from a participating retailer listed on this page between 29th November - 21st December 2023 to be eligible to claim a festive cashback.
Claims must be submitted within 30 days of purchase.
Claims are limited to 4 per household and 10 per business.

Last edited:
I was hoping for a deal on the 5800x3d but was dreaming i guess!

At £270 new, it's £40 less than I paid in March. It's still a fantastic CPU for AM4 users who game so they're not going to go for peanuts. People appear to have been paying more that this on fleebay.

Reactions: G J
I was going to say i see people selling these second hand for 300+.. I'm still not sure if i would see much improvement over my 3600x running at 4k.

Back
Top Bottom