• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black Friday/cyber Monday - what would count as worth buying?

OcUK Staff
Not sure if you said if you was determined to get the 5800X3D down to the magical £250 mark. But if you ever did, now if the time Gibbo :D

No longer a focus any more and AMD are not been aggressive on it so guessing the stock piles have been cleared now on that one.

• Sad
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Just had a look and they want £320 for a 5800X3D!

These were like £260 at one point many months ago. Was hoping they would drop to £250 as a family member is considering getting one.

For £330 you got the 7800X3D with a game. Lol
You have to consider that people looking at the 5800X3D probably aren't looking to buy a new motherboard and ram as you would do with the 7800X3D. Couple that with the sizeable AM4 install base and the demand for the 5800X3D there's little insentive for AMD to be aggressive with it's pricing.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You have to consider that people looking at the 5800X3D probably aren't looking to buy a new motherboard and ram as you would do with the 7800X3D. Couple that with the sizeable AM4 install base and the demand for the 5800X3D there's little insentive for AMD to be aggressive with it's pricing.

Just as I will have little incentive going AMD when I upgrade I guess. Turns out they ain't much better than Intel. All the goodwill they had from me from the Intel days has now been depleted.

That is not to say I won't go AMD for my next build, but they will sure as hell need to work harder than they would have done before.

Soldato
Just as I will have little incentive going AMD when I upgrade I guess. Turns out they ain't much better than Intel. All the goodwill they had from me from the Intel days has now been depleted.

That is not to say I won't go AMD for my next build, but they will sure as hell need to work harder than they would have done before.
I'm looking for a 5800X3D deal as well, with CPU's I don't mind going 2nd hand, best taking your chances on the auctions.

Reactions: TNA
Associate

check signature and gear and I am like, I think your a bit biased there.
demand usually decide prices unless some campaign for games or black friday week

time to jump to am5 and 7800x3d and the future of hardware gaming with amd

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
demand usually decide prices unless some campaign for games or black friday week

It ain't for me. For a family member. Biased how?

Soldato

I was gonna go with an AM5 board but all the ones I've looked at I see people complaining with some kind of issue, either with Intel LAN, buzzing noises from the board with ASUS boards or bios/ram issues.
I still have my z690 board and other bits in a box and I sold the main parts of the stuff in my sig a while ago, haven't been arsed to set up the new stuff and been doing a clear out here as there's way too much junk and other bits piling up which is now slowly going away as I'm focused on that.

AM5 with a cheap chip like a 7500F or something until Zen 5 sounds good, but what board are you supposed to get anyway? Good B650 boards or cheaper ones on offer like the MSI B650 Tomahawk look good, but no PCIE 5, unless that doesn't matter or won't make any difference for the next 3-4 years, because if it's going to be able to run up to Zen 6 then it makes you wonder if it matters.

Man of Honour
Lack of deals on nVidia cards is depressing - the only ones with any kind of significant percentage off are ones that were hideously overpriced on top of already being hideously overpriced...

Soldato
I dont need a GPU upgrade at my current resolution.. I have decided to upgrade my GPU when Twitch start to use AV1 which is supposedly 2024.

Meanwhile i think got a misprice (not OcUK) on a Samsung 980 PRO 500GB PCIe 4.0 NVMe @£48.. (checked page couple hours later and its now £59.99).

Installed on my AM4 board and according to Sammy Magician its running at 3500/3500 Reads and Writes (864k/832k IOPS), lot faster that my 980 PCIe 3.0 NVMe.

With the news that Samsung are gona bump prices soon (20% ?) thought I'd better grab this now :)

I will move to AM5 at some point but this is a start! :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom