• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black Friday/cyber Monday - what would count as worth buying?

Yes agreed, just making people aware OcUK has got one under £400 and with any luck that will push more AIB's to follow. :)

Of course the 7800 XT's will all be sold out next week anyway, once restocked will also all be £500 plus, so in short grab a 7800 XT whilst can as next year were expecting those to cost quite a bit more or just be very short.
Will you get anymore 7800XT MBAs or is that it- once they’re gone they’re gone? I remember last gen the MBAs weren’t restocked on OCUK?

The issue with the 5800X3D is that its the best upgrade for AM4 now and if its anything like some Intel platforms the best CPU will retain its valve which is great if one wants to sell them, not so great if one wants to buy them and at some point it my be best to just buy at the lowest price and enjoy it.

When I had my 8700K @4.8ghz to go to a 9900K would had cost me about £250 (£130 after selling 8700K) and at the time 12600K's where selling around £200. Long story short ditching my 8700K build for a 12600K setup cost me about £70 while keeping the DD4.

Last edited:
Nope

Had my wallet ready, I was expecting the prices to beat or at the very least match the previous lows we had a few months ago such from the 7900XT and XTX but to see them on "sale" after artificially increasing the prices then to see those sales more expensive than before I checked out.

Given up hope now, gonna just wait for next gen.

since the announcement NVidia are doing a refresh i expect prices to stagnate untill we know refresh prices, then can expect some movement downwards especially from AMD if Nvidia go after them

Last edited:
since the announcement NVidia are doing a refresh i expect prices to stagnate untill we know refresh prices, then can expect some movement downwards especially from AMD if Nvidia go after them
yup thats the most logical view. Doesnt prevent people buying at full price or a 4080 between now and then and then SCREAMING they were ripped off and they want a price refund. They say they will then take the retailer to court and the world has wronged them.

I've seen an XTX somewhere for £900 within the past couple days. Not that I'd ever feel it's worth spending that much on a GPU.

Had XTX at £899 for a while now:

• SKU: GX-013-AK
  • EAN: 4710483941733
  • MPN: 90-GA3YZZ-00UANF

RX7900XTX PG 24GO, Core Clock: 2455MHz, Boost Clock: 2615MHz, Memory: 24576MB 20000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 6144, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA3, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr Warranty

£999 (incl. VAT)
£870 (incl. VAT)

Businesses bump prices up for 3 weeks at the end of Oct / start of November, purely to be able to "slash prices for Black Friday" marketing shenanigan's. Absolute scam.

Install the KEEPA extension and see how rainforest scammed people by selling black friday deals that were sometimes cheaper earlier in the year lol.

Back
Top Bottom