• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black Myth Wukong - Benchmark tool

CwdQygF.png

voltage locked 4090

The guys from HUB don't want anything lower than 80-90fps with frame gen enabled as they feel it's not a good experience. That's why at 4k it's all about the 4090. Not many cards at 1440p are deemed playable with high RT either at there settings due to what they consider a good experience.

But the main point is, they are using the highest settings. The people he is quoting are not :cry:

And here we have everything cranked - cinematic settings, full RT, no frame generation - at 1080p on my 4090:

azN0w70.jpeg

Again, about 60 fps.

Someone is going to come along and say the game is not even playable on a 4090 soon and we need to wait for a 5090 to be able to play it.

At the settings the benchmark tool recommends for my spec (5900X, 3060 Ti) - 1440p, high preset, no RT, 50% FSR

sgmgI0v.png

Same settings but 75% FSR scaling:

uau7Lql.png

Surprised for a benchmark tool the scene(s) don't have a bit more going on in them.

Last edited:
It uses very old diss library in default though. Swapping for the newest helps quite a bit, especially with ghosting but even then it's not perfect.
I don’t know if it’s the benchmark to blame as well, but it doesn’t look right on any setting. You’re constantly fighting with sharpening and blur.

Both reduce detail, but sharpening is literally taking it away. It can create the illusion of a more uniform image, but it would be better to have a natural reduction in sharpening caused by blur than add sharpening to make the situation even worse.

It’s also become so common with the introduction of upscaling that it’s become difficult to even realise it’s happening so often. People literally expect a sharp image, regardless of how it got there.

That was the good thing about CRT, you knew what an image should look like. It’s a downgrade in quality for the sake of convenience.

It’s the same with a lot of other analogue to digital transfers.

Last edited:
Just re run the bench as I had originally not set to run on the x3d.

4K Cinematic Very High RT FG DLSS perf:

Average 108
Max 128
Min 92
Low/5 96

I noticed how DF picked up on how over sharpened it looked. It was the first thing that struck me when I ran the benchmark tool. No matter what setting everything just looked unatural.

Hopefully the devs will patch in a way to tone it down as it's very distracting and deters from the games otherwise impressive visuals.

I noticed how DF picked up on how over sharpened it looked. It was the first thing that struck me when I ran the benchmark tool. No matter what setting everything just looked unatural.

Hopefully the devs will patch in a way to tone it down as it's very distracting and deters from the games otherwise impressive visuals.

Looks great to me, however I do tend to increase sharpening in all my games where I can. If you did want to make it slightly softer, just lower the render resolution scale in the options menu - select DLSS and then set the slider to something lower, like 50%, and then it should look less sharp

Looks great to me, however I do tend to increase sharpening in all my games where I can. If you did want to make it slightly softer, just lower the render resolution scale in the options menu - select DLSS and then set the slider to something lower, like 50%, and then it should look less sharp

I tried that on the benchmark and it didn't really make a difference. Possibly due to the fact the sharpening is happening before dlss etc is applied. (According to DF analysis anyway)

I tried that on the benchmark and it didn't really make a difference. Possibly due to the fact the sharpening is happening before dlss etc is applied. (According to DF analysis anyway)

DF.. Meh...

Listen to Grim. He gets his info from MLID!!

:p:cry:

Back
Top Bottom