Black Myth: Wukong

My bad sorry - On cinematic with 75 Super resoltuion it's down to 38fps, max 46, min 32. My old eyes couldn't tell the difference between the two tbh

Hmm.. You don't happened to be related to LtMatt do you? :p

Jokes aside, at 4K you want to set super resolution to 50 :D

Does this seem about right? My 4090 is undervolted and slightly overclocked.

4k max settings SR50%
AQe6Ez5.jpeg

4k max settings SR75%
2zPbliC.jpeg

This smacks of the Hogwart's Legacy situation ... a "boycott" 99% of the world don't give a stuff about because the allegations are either false or have zero to do with actual game. This game will sell well ( already has on pre-orders ).

This was all proven bs ages ago. It was a mistranslation of the directors words which full of idioms but not sexual. Screen rant writer needs shamed for perpetuating it

Yeah at around 1AM the JT gaming channel posted a video pointing out all of the evidence showing that this was a hit piece that revolves around a bunch onf consultancy companies that go around downmarking games if they don't have diversity bs in them even if the story of the game wouldn't have it anyway, as in Wukong is based on an ancient Chinese story, at a time that had none of this stuff anyway yet that doesn't matter to these people. That along with the obvious mistranslation by IGN leading them to accuse the devs of all this anti-women bs and all that other crap.

Reactions: TNA
Ridiculous. In times to come when the collective mindset swings hugely in the opposite direction to them (which in itself probably wont be a pretty sight), these people, just like Just Stop Oil, will realise that their agendas and how they went about it actually did their cause more harm than good.

Ridiculous. In times to come when the collective mindset swings hugely in the opposite direction to them (which in itself probably wont be a pretty sight), these people, just like Just Stop Oil, will realise that their agendas and how they went about it actually did their cause more harm than good.

I doubt it, that would require some critical thinking/introspection.

Just woke up in a daze to a notification from my phone, "your wishlisted item is now out on Steam".

Gues i won't be getting back to sleep :p

Here's 24 mins of my first play after the initial intro act of the game. Really good have to say, there is some traversal stutter but it's noway near the level of Jedi Survivor. It's infrequent enough that I could just ignore it.

My shader pre-comp time was quicker than what Digital Foundry had too, it was 2m 40s on a 12700KF.

Performance using the RT Very High preset and Very High GFX preset is excellent, The benchmark result between Cinematic and Very High GFX preset was the difference of 1fps on the average metric.

RTSS bench report for the forest gameplay and boss fight segments:
Average framerate : 98.5 FPS
Minimum framerate : 85.4 FPS
Maximum framerate : 111.6 FPS
1% low framerate : 71.5 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 21.5 FPS

Some additional notes:
  • The texture shimmering seen in the stand-alone Benchmark Tool does not exist in the release version of the game. The video does show some shimmering but this is not visible in the actual game so I guess capturing has caused this...
  • Performance in person is very smooth with only very few traversal stutters as you can see from my frametime graph.
  • Cinematic preset does NOT look any different to Very High, as noted by Digital Foundry. Cinematic in UE5 is really for movies.
  • The game ships with old versions of dll files for Super Resolution and Frame Generation. You may want to update them manually and enable Preset-E for DLSS using DLSSTweaks.
  • The Ray Reconstruction DLL file is the latest version, but according to Digital Foundry, RR is not used in the release version of the game (yet).
  • There is no Reflex toggle in the menus, mouse camera latency is not noticeable at all so I am assuming Reflex is being used internally when Frame Gen is enabled.
  • You cannot remap control buttons to the mouse back/forward buttons.
  • The default button for jump is CTRL, who even plays like that lol....
  • The combat mechanics are quick to get used to, it's my first play of a game like this and I'm already getting the gist of it within the first 30 mins after the intro act.
  • Even though the mouse sensitivity for box axis is set to the same value, vertical camera movement feels slightly lower than horizontal. This seems intentional by design, odd at first but I quickly got used to it.
  • There is no FOV slider.- The skills tree and inventory system seems fine.
  • The visual quality using upscaler 50% scale with a 4K output resolution is excellent. There is a bit of sharpening applied internally with no setting to adjust it, but I like sharpening anyway so have no problem with this.
  • Zero stability issues, no crashes or other bugs so far.
  • The difficulty level is quite taxing, as you reach the bosses they are not forgiving lol! Provides a nice challenge. If you die you resume from the last checkpoint shrine which may annoy some, though you do retain anything you unlocked before dying so don't have to do those again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom