Black Myth: Wukong

Just watching some game play video now on IGN, it is stirring my childhood memory as a kid living in HK, either from watching HK cinema or local TV shows and even reading the original novel. I really want to play it now.

Same, i watched the HK version with Dicky Cheung. Remember it being the TV series to watch while the family sat around the table having dinner!

Ok so there IS a difference between Cinematic and Very High for the GFX preset, and it only saps about 6fps.

Notice that there is more foliage on Cinematic vs Very High, also shadows are fuller. This observation aligns with other UE5 games like First Descendant where most foliage disappears with anything but the highest RT/GFX setting.

Seeing a running trend here with UE5 lol.

Visually Frame Gen makes zero difference, so you may as well use it to gain the higher framerate.

Edit* The new game ready driver only increased fps average by 3fps, which is nothing for actual noticeable difference for realtime fps and is within run variance.

Last edited:
It depends on the upscaling factor chosen, for 4K output you should be using DLSS Performance, or 50% scaling so internal is 1080p before image reconstruction does its thing. For 1440P output DLSS should be at leats 62% which is Quality scaling which is also 1080P internal.

With that in mind I see no major issue with mouse latency or responsiveness and this has been the case so far for all US5 games as Reflex is being used to mitigate any latency. What most forget is that the baseline framerate must be 60fps before Frame Gen is enabled in order to have nice responsiveness after it is enabled. If the fps is below 60fps most of the time before FG then yes there will be responsiveness issues.

So this is what people who can only run screen space/base Lumen will have to put up with :o

6RQQaV3.gif

Glad to see this sell so well and on the top of most played games on steam tight now.

Need to show other devs and publishers single player games can do well if done right.
Just read this on a random FaceyB post...

"it’s now at 2.2 million making it the 3rd biggest game of all time and the biggest single player game on steam (All time)".

If that's legit then it's nuts!

It is and the vast majority is from China, out of the 11k+ reviews on Steam, only a bit over 3000 are in English as well.

A game made by a Chinese dev about an ancient Chinese story is obviously going to appeal to China in a big way.

My thoughts exactly. Most must be Chinese. Still, if the game is good then awesome. Will grab it at some point once you are done with the beta testing :D

I assume one can still have HDR with the RTX wotsit.

There is no way I'm getting through more than an hour of this if there isn't a way to disable the annoying monkey combat noises.
Nope you can't, gg.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
RTX HDR does seem to work:

On
RyvI9Mi.jpeg

Off:
lKvOMw6.jpeg

You can see some of the lifted shadows have retained more detail and illumination is more obvious on the rocks. The photos were taken in manual mode for ref so the exact same exposure.

Also someone has released a mod to remove the over-sharpening

Though doesn't seem to work for me, maybe it doesn't work with path tracing.

Back
Top Bottom