Black Myth: Wukong

I mean it is Monke, Monke has a huge following!

Stutter engine 5.0 never disappoints when it comes to stutters
Me = Monke, arrows = Stutters:

ZnDYLAX.gif

The particle effects are just so good, even individual leaves twist and tumble as they fall, and like Zelda games, you kick up grass at varying levels as you walk, pace or run :cool:

ht2oiHy.gif

Yeah the black level raise is an issue, sort of. It seems to be intentional just like how Cyberpunk was for the first year before user complaints resulted in it being updated to no longer have BL raise. Starfield had the same issue as well. Intentional "Hollywood" colour grading for the black level which doesn't work in modern times when many now have OLED displays for gaming and any hint of raise to BL is obvious.

I would not say it's terrible like the video above says though, I'm on the monitor's most colour accurate mode and it looks usable, just completely black areas of scene aren't completely black, though thankfully most of the game so far seems to have a main source of light for indirect bounce and caustic illumination on water areas under shade. Games like Res Evil 2 Remake have what I would call terrible SDR black level raise, it's so bad I uninstalled the game each time I revisit it to see if it's been patched.

Not bothered by there being no HDR personally. This game world has no emphasis on artificially lit scenes where HDR comes into its own on an OLED, everything is illuminated by the sun with a few fire torches dotted about.

From the hour I played this morning it’s amazing both visuals and gameplay. Pleased to see it doing well on steam too and people not being put off by the woke media.

Can’t wait to sink a few hours into it later :)

No it's a 35 hour game lol, that's what multiple reviewers have stated. 15 hours was mentioned by someone early and for some reaosn the internet ran with that.

I have found out that DLSS Frame Gen causes the shimmering on recorded footage that is played back. It's the way that in this game FG is captured in video. Turn DLSS FG off and the shimmering in the video goes away. It is only visible in the video and not in actual gameplay. Seems to be a frame timing issue with how the gameplay is captured similar to how Horizon Forbidden West had an FG bug before it was patched.

FSR3 Frame Gen does not have this issue when using TSR or FSR, though FSR and TSR both have noticeable mouse input lag compared to using DLSS upscaling which clearly is using Reflex internally so feels much more responsive with or without DLSS Frame Gen.

Here is a comparison of FG on vs Off playing the same bit, you can see the shimmering in the latter half when FG is enabled. Also Cinematic is pointless for the GFX preset, visually no different but saps ~10fps.

So yeah my old 24min video becomes obsolete as this discovery was made after that was recorded.

Ran the benchmark tool to see how well it would run on my setup and was quite happy with the performance even choosing to not use any upscaling/fake frame gen etc. so have bought and downloading now. Really looking forward to playing it!

From what I've seen so far, it looks like the sort of game I'll definitely get lost in.

Back
Top Bottom