• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

Of course there is, do you think I have the personal financial details of everyone? I'm not a god ;) If you can't see the dire economic situation right now you must be a politician :cry: This is my opinion but you do you, I'm basing my buying decisions on the way I predict things are going, and no, I'm not a fortune teller either :D
Should you fancy a change in profession I have some tarot cards you can have. :D

Some points to ponder.

Everyone I'm talking to seem to be tightening their belts, that includes those with a few quid.

The Hardware Unboxed video comparing the various ..class Nvidia GPUs from the last 4 Generations was very interesting. ...However I am pretty sure that Nvidia found out in 40 series that whilst some customers are happy to pay top dollar for the best GPU available, the others are simply not willing to spend over $1000 or £1000 for a second best GPU.

If you take a look at the 40 series launch period, it was when the dollar was very strong to the pound, and inflation had reached over 12%.

While nvidia was unlaunching the lesser 80 card then relaunching, there were only two sku's you could buy as they wanted to drain all the 30 series card stocks that had been built/shipped/stored. Then they adjusted the FE prices a little later, as the pound picked up again.

Whilst I wouldn't put it past nvidia to try to keep the up only pricing for shareholders, the reality is there is only so many enthusiasts and researchers out there to milk. The only two dangerous conditions are 1) Mining somehow makes a comeback (which seems doubtful) and 2) AI goes bananas another gear and more people get sucked in taking all the new high end offerings.

I considered myself a PC enthusiast for a big part of my life but all these price hikes and what I consider diminishing returns have made me way less enthusiastic.

I'm running a 3060ti at 1440p and have managed to run most games 'fine' with a bit of dlss or whatnot.

Outside of being a benchmark machine, £1000+ on a gpu is a tough sell to me.

Think we have kind of plateaued tbh.

Back
Top Bottom