• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

theres a demand for graphics GPUs, and its a profitable business and nvidia being a publicly listed entity - worst case scenario imo is an eventual hive off the graphics GPU unit and then they put it up for sale
a scenario where nvidia shutters the graphics GPU business is in the realm of impossibility

Last edited:
None of the above?

People forget that at the end of the day nVidia are a profit making organisation. Its becoming quite apparent that GPUs for gaming are becoming more and more a side of the desk activity for nVidia. I suspect that a big part of why they maintain some skin in the gaming world is because of some uncertainty around the long term viability of being all in on AI.

If anything 'Sheeple' customers are probably keeping gaming GPUs alive, if sales were poor I could see nVidia not bothering. I think its naive to think that customers can vote with their wallets in a way which made nVidia develop and sell better GPUs at cheaper prices. Not for what is 10% of their bottom line.
GPU sales are still a meaningful revenue stream for Nvidia, and there's work from AMD to have CUDA processing on their GPUs.

Also shouldn't rule out that other companies are already creating purpose-built AI compute, which will eat into Nvidia's usefulness.

Far too early for any drastic decisions, and GPU sales for gaming will remain highly profitable until either AMD/Intel become more competitive, or people just refuse to pay stupid prices (this will never happen).

Ne1yvBF.png

Back
Top Bottom