• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

Seems to be a number of people that don't mix with poorly paid, bad financial decision makers. Lots of it out there, I see them all the time shopping in the expensive supermarkets, buying cars on PCPs they can't afford, and buying GPUs well out of their price range. You'd be surprised how many can't do basic maths and don't get percentages at all. Perfect prey for the buy now pay later companies. I even knew someone paying their credit card off using a payday lender!

Not only are the enthusiasts here not representative of the masses, they are also likely better educated and better paid. Don't underestimate the public's capacity to make poor decisions ;)

I love it when someone mentions "sold for asking price", it's usually a passive aggressive way of letting all the chancers know their offers were **** and they've missed out.
Or it's a lie and they just had a strop because they couldn't get what they wanted.

Edit. Jesus Christ I just read the whole thing, got second hand embarrassment. Absolute cringe.

Last edited:
err, what nonsense. Money, that's what makes things move.
Remember the story about him turning up to a data centre with a bunch of rented labour to move servers on a truck? That's also how things get done in less time.

Mistake? I dunno, Nvidia was still seeing higher revenue from its gaming segment back then compared to at any point over the past 2 years.

Is this a joke? Nvidia are making far more revenue selling AI GPU's compared to what they earn from the consumer gaming segment.

• Data center revenue was a record $22.6 billion in the first quarter, up 23% from Q4 2024 and 427% YOY.
  • Gaming revenue was $2.6 billion in the first quarter, down 8% from the previous quarter and up 18% YOY.

I wonder if Jensen will even announce RTX5000. He has done the past announcements, but gaming is such a small part of their business now I wonder if he will even waste his time to go on stage

Last edited:
Is the UK turning into a 3rd world country?
After seeing Thailand on a holiday a couple weeks ago, makes me realise how bad the UK really is. When a country like Thailand has better infrastructure, roads, traffic systems, parking infrastructure and the cities are full of nicer cars (people seem to be able to afford better on average?)... and the sheer number of Westeners who have left their homes behind to move to countries like these. Makes one think... which is the real developed/developing country here...

True but the 3090 wasn't even a full fat GA102 chip so the 3080 was a cut down version of a a card that was cosplaying as a flagship.

Not sure who's to blame for this situation. Sheeple consumers, influencers, AMD, fanboys probably some combination of those things.

None of the above?

People forget that at the end of the day nVidia are a profit making organisation. Its becoming quite apparent that GPUs for gaming are becoming more and more a side of the desk activity for nVidia. I suspect that a big part of why they maintain some skin in the gaming world is because of some uncertainty around the long term viability of being all in on AI.

If anything 'Sheeple' customers are probably keeping gaming GPUs alive, if sales were poor I could see nVidia not bothering. I think its naive to think that customers can vote with their wallets in a way which made nVidia develop and sell better GPUs at cheaper prices. Not for what is 10% of their bottom line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom