• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

No need to tell me that, I really dislike FG lag on low FPS and only use it above 60, to address some fluidity without much of the latency penalty. To reach 60 is ridiculous, as latency added will be so bad I rather have stable 30 at that point.

At the moment recommended are already medium, lowering that down would be low. Of course, on 4090 would be different story but how different is another question. Then again, their min. system requirements talk about low settings, 30fps and DLSS needed to even reach 1080p, so it's really back to 720p gaming for some.

We will soon see I suppose.

512-bit 32GB VRAM, the 5080 being 16GB will be its limiting factor vs a 4090, even if it's got the extra GDDR7 mem bandwidth, many games now use and exceed 16GB VRAM at 4K, so this will be where it can't beat the 4090, meanwhile the 5090 appears to be just as massive a boost over the 5080 as to what the 4090 was over the original 4080.

The pricing will be the main thing here. Not expecting any miracles on a pricing revision to see lower prices...

GeForce RTX 5080
PG144/147-SKU45
GB203-400-A1
84 SM
10752 FP32
256-bit GDDR7 16G
400W

I somehow suspect the 5090 won't be £2k, it will be more!

The same tipster stated 2 slot cooler design too, that sort of engineering from a 600W card doesn't come cheap.

512-bit 32GB VRAM, the 5080 being 16GB will be its limiting factor vs a 4090, even if it's got the extra GDDR7 mem bandwidth, many games now use and exceed 16GB VRAM at 4K, so this will be where it can't beat the 4090, meanwhile the 5090 appears to be just as massive a boost over the 5080 as to what the 4090 was over the original 4080.

The pricing will be the main thing here. Not expecting any miracles on a pricing revision to see lower prices...

It's not just VRAM (and I'd dispute that "many games" now require more than 16GB but whatever) but just basic specs - the 5080 isn't going to come close to matching the 4090 with those specs, despite the rumours to the contrary.

If so then that might bolster 4090 used prices a bit when the time comes, especially if the 5090 is £2k+

yeah it will be interesting to see how the 5090 is priced and its popularity. Imho the 4090 had a couple of factors in its favour 1. the 3090 was really bad price/perf like one of the worst in history 2. the 4090 benefitted from a substantial node/process shrink

the 5090 won't have those benefits imho it will be mediocre generational uplift in performance, they aint gonna make the die much bigger so mostly it will come down to vram speed which yes will net you gains but only so much

It's not that many games have reqs stating 16GB VRAM or more, it's that games aren't properly optimised to make use of VRAM properly and run out of control, like what outlaws does, like what Hogwarts still does to this day even though it's what 2 years old? Other recent games aren't far off the 16GB VRAM actual use range either and when you factor in OS VRAM use and BG apps, 16GB is easily consumed when playing with the highest settings at 4K.

So yeah whilst anyone can argue all they like about needing more tan 16GB VRAM, once you're playing at these settings it becomes obvious what's happening in the state of many games these days. I've literally demonstrated this time after time in various game threads where there's runaway VRAM use for seemingly no reason other than bad optimisation.

That thing look like an absolute MONSTER! :eek: If it's $2k then they got me, no questions asked. If it's more.... that will be annoying, because I have to (regardless) upgrade the platform too (9800X3D just in time?).

I really doubt this would be £2k+ at least for the founders as it would be a flop at that price. Asus on the other hand I’d expect nothing less from them.
The 5090 is the only one looking like it offers a significant upgrade over the 4*** equivalent and Nvidia seems to have a habit of making X performance increase come with the same x price increase, I'm fully expecting the 5090 to be in the region of £2k

I somehow suspect the 5090 won't be £2k, it will be more!

The same tipster stated 2 slot cooler design too, that sort of engineering from a 600W card doesn't come cheap.

He was asked about it in the latest tweet and he's sticking with it. He claims its a 600w card AND its only 2 slots lmao

There is only 3 options here:

1) His claims are false
2) The RTX5090 is a watercooled card
3) Nvidia has made some massive technology breakthrough allowing 2 slot air coolers to cool 600w. Usually 2 slot cards would be limited to under 300w, so its a massive variance to try and cover with logic.

Last edited:
If it's 2 slot water cooled like some AIB cards are, then there's no way it's just £2k lol given the ridiculous prices 4090 AIO cards were going for from AIBs, they were what £1900?

So the only thing to consider is that NV have engineered a new type of cooling system, that too carries a massive cost implication to the buyer.

Back
Top Bottom