BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
The 40i engine is meant to be pretty good, with a little over 300bhp it should have enough power to keep him amused.

Alternatively I'd likely have a 30d over the 35d personally if he preferred diesel

Man of Honour
Sigh...

Is there something wrong with my car?

I drove with the windows down today as I left my food bag in the car overnight so it didn't smell too fresh, anyway...when driving, I noticed that under acceleration, when the car changes gear I get a small hissing sound which I'm guessing is normal because of the blow off valve, but when I apply a heavy right foot, I get a constant hissing sound. It sounds like someone is letting air out of a car tyre, that kind of noise, surely it's not normal to always be doing it? You can't hear anything when the windows are up

What is going on? :(

Update on this, car needs a new turbo. Flol, so glad I got rid of the Jag...

Man of Honour
Yeah absolutely!

It's booked in for a new diff and new turbo, going to be without the car for a few days :(

Might ask if I can get an M3/5 for a hirecar. I might not have much luck with cars but I normally get good luck with hirecars :p

Soldato
Just purchased a 2013 E82 135i manual. Will post some pictures up soon. Could have got an F20 for the same money but I've always preferred the E82 coupe and I rather like the simplicity of it. It's only done 25k. So far really enjoying it.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Anyone know standard spec on a new 335d?

Do they come with pro nav/nav, metallic, 60/40 as standard? Is idrive now CarPlay compatible as standard?

Looking at potential options but not sure what the baseline spec is these days

Cheers

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Business nav and solid paint as standard. 60/40 is optional and carplay is an extra over and above pro nav. It's not worth getting though, it's just a fad if the car has proper nav.

Soldato
Interesting trip to BMW this morning. I took the car in for its MOT but also got them to look at the brakes as the car shudders under braking. MOT went fine but apparently my discs (F&R) are warped. Their only explanation was that the car had been stationary for too long. I use it daily.

Their suggestion was that I needed new pads and discs at a cost of about £1.3K. This doesn't sit well with me given that both the pads and discs have LOTS (60k+ miles) left in them. What could have caused the warping and is there any likelihood BMW will replace them if I keep pushing? The car is under warranty with BMW.

Thanks.

Soldato
Discs don't warp from lack of use. What a load...
What can tend to cause it is concentrated heat build up. So heavy braking then sitting with the pedal held down.
I've called BMW back to say I'm not satisfied with the response so let's see where we get this afternoon.

Soldato
Excuse my lack of knowledge, interested in knowing more about BMW Warranty.

Say in the near future I wanted to buy something like a 2008 135, 335 etc, can you still buy warranty from BMW for these older models? If yes, is it still worth doing?

Back
Top Bottom