BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
Morning Guys

I picked up a 2014 5Series mSport the other day with pro nav but no enhanced bluetooth, can I get a code for this as the BMW dealer said the hardware is there but not enabled?

Thanks
You don't get a code per se. You have to have it coded which will require additional kit. Quote often it's something independent garages will have.

Man of Honour
Anyone know how much roughly I can expect to pay for a first service on a 16 plate 530d?

Got to book it in and expecting it to be around £400 as I'm guessing it's a big service, but just so I know figures so not to get bent over

Man of Honour
Hmm perhaps those cheap key fob replacements aren't so worth it after all.

A few weeks back you'll remember that my spare key fob from BMKeys.com failed. The key works fine with the car and doors, just the remote fob died. I bought two spares, one for £30 from BMKeys again, and another from eBay for £6. Both internals appear to be 100% the same, even the antennae routing lines are the same.

Well the eBay one stopped working today, no signs of damage or moisture ingress. The BMKeys one still works, and I'll be using that for a bit now and keeping an eye on it.

Considering a dealer supplied one lasts over 10 years before the sealed battery starts to show signs of getting weak, I think £120 for an OEM key is probably a better investment than having to buy the third party ones multiple times... I will no longer consider an OEM key price a "rip off".

Back
Top Bottom