BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
I'm going to book a test drive for this weekend. It'll be a nice 6 hour round trip from Manchester!

I'm not quite as in-tune with the 1 Series market so I don't know if its a quite as good as it looks but generally when a very keenly priced car appears that is a clear outlier you need to move fast or it'll be gone. That means if you fancy maybe a test drive in a week it's probably not going to still be there. If the car is normally priced you can afford to take your time, play the long game etc but when it's clearly the best one in the country by some margin, this is a dangerous strategy.

I usually like to take my time etc but when my 530d dropped in price it went from 'not on my radar' to 'deposit left' in about an hour, having missed several cars in the past by treating the 'wow, thats... exceptional?!' cars like I did any of the others I was interested in.

Soldato
I'm not quite as in-tune with the 1 Series market so I don't know if its a quite as good as it looks but generally when a very keenly priced car appears that is a clear outlier you need to move fast or it'll be gone. That means if you fancy maybe a test drive in a week it's probably not going to still be there. If the car is normally priced you can afford to take your time, play the long game etc but when it's clearly the best one in the country by some margin, this is a dangerous strategy.

I usually like to take my time etc but when my 530d dropped in price it went from 'not on my radar' to 'deposit left' in about an hour, having missed several cars in the past by treating the 'wow, thats... exceptional?!' cars like I did any of the others I was interested in.

I've just had a call Barons BMW; the car went live on Friday and it has already seen 3 test drives. I do have the option of placing a £500 refundable deposit which would allow me to drive the car this weekend and then make a decision.

In the meantime I'm going to speak to the bank and see what's feasible.

Soldato
Have you driven an M135 before?

Yes, although it was a 5 door auto 2017 car and I genuinely can't remember if it had adaptive suspension or not.

My intention was to drive both auto and manual pre-LCI's, with and without adaptive. That plan has kinda gone out of the window if I'm aiming for an LCI model now.

Associate
What is with BMW body-shops taking ages.

Was told 5-6 days for my fender replace and respray; we're on day 8 now and Im being told the weeks end...

Tracker shows that the car has spent about 95% of last week in their car park to boot. I reckon they think I have a courtesy car and are drawing the cost out.

Soldato
Man of Honour
But why would you want a dagdag.

Because it's an absolutely fantastic engine.

Though I'm not sure £22k buys a good 14 640d, to be fair. Certainly not the sort of one you'd want instead of a 13k mile M135i with decent spec. The cheapest 14 plate on the AUC site is almost £26k.

Soldato
AfIGaj2l.jpg
[/IMG] AfIGaj2l.jpg

Clearly I need a new gear stick lever, anyone got any advice where to get one from and what my options are, would like to see other alternatives before just simply getting a brand new one the same from BMW

Caporegime
Ouch, you need to moisturise those hands once in a while man!

Don't know where to get alternatives but worth checking out Amazon for BMW parts - I've gotten some parts off there quite a bit cheaper than direct.

Soldato
Good lad. You say you're from Manc land? Let me know if you want a drive out :p

I am yes - right in the centre near the arena. How about you?

I'm already planning a lengthy drive with a friend from the forum who is currently in an S3 and about to change into an RS3. More trips will be welcome!

Is a new 140i not worth considering? Some good offers at the minute. What are the expected residuals of a 5 year old M135?

I initially considered it but I don't want to lease or PCP and loaning nearly £25-28k + cash after discount is not something I want to do right now.

I believe all offers from TRL are on hold until next month?

Soldato
You could have a 14 plate high spec 640d for that 0-60 not much in it :)
Because it's an absolutely fantastic engine.

Though I'm not sure £22k buys a good 14 640d, to be fair. Certainly not the sort of one you'd want instead of a 13k mile M135i with decent spec. The cheapest 14 plate on the AUC site is almost £26k.

That's what trade buy price is for mine currently with all the right kit and 40k miles. Will be even less when the 5 comes and it goes.

Don
AfIGaj2l.jpg
[/IMG] AfIGaj2l.jpg

Clearly I need a new gear stick lever, anyone got any advice where to get one from and what my options are, would like to see other alternatives before just simply getting a brand new one the same from BMW

I always found the ZHP knob to be the best upgrade, I had one in my z4 and m3. Nicely weighted, not stupidly long like the oem and yours for about £50 :)

Back
Top Bottom