BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
AfIGaj2l.jpg
[/IMG] AfIGaj2l.jpg

Clearly I need a new gear stick lever, anyone got any advice where to get one from and what my options are, would like to see other alternatives before just simply getting a brand new one the same from BMW
You'll probably want the OEM one, Ms come with light up knobs.

If not, zhp..

I have one and it's good feeling thing.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201976999822

Associate
So after being told y'day that the bodyshop needed ANOTHER week with my car I emailed them asking specifically why, noting that my vehicle tracker indicates that it's spend 90% of last week parked in their carpark and that since I don't have a courtesy car there is no benefit to overholding my vehicle.

Mysteriously my car will be ready to collect tomorrow morning.

Soldato
That is a really nice car. I always wonder though if having such low mileage at that age is actually a good thing? I mean yes it is good for the body work and interior but what about mechanically, rubber bushes, hoses etc.
I think at that age one way or another the bushes/rubber parts will not be at their best. But then it depends how it was stored too, dry garage and it should be good. It is rubber after all

TS7

TS7

Soldato

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Those are completely different makes of car with completely different seats?

You should be a detective with those mad skills.

I asked why those BMW seats looked so creased and crinkled. You responded because they're 21 years old.

I gave examples of other 21 year old cars with same mileage with pretty much immaculate looking seats.

So it's not down to age. Unless you meant BMWs of that age had comparatively inferior leather quality to other makes. I didn't post links to a Bentley, the XJ is direct competition.

Soldato
You should be a detective with those mad skills.

I asked why those BMW seats looked so creased and crinkled. You responded because they're 21 years old.

I gave examples of other 21 year old cars with same mileage with pretty much immaculate looking seats.

So it's not down to age. Unless you meant BMWs of that age had comparatively inferior leather quality to other makes. I didn't post links to a Bentley, the XJ is direct competition.

It's just due to way the leather has been sewn isn't it? On the BMW the leather is less stretched whereas on the Jag the leather looks like it has been sewn really taut?

Caporegime
I'm liking it, but, it's a non facelift model, standard seats and ,most crucially, it's a Japanese import - I had enough trouble getting an agreed value for mine even though it was a U.K. Spec car and not imported, had it been imported I couldn't have obtained an agreed value from what I was told by numerous insurers.

I prefer mine.

The seats are loosely stitched, and there all like it, these are the front seats in mine, they are a different style - "comfort seats" but still have the creases.
89EE3EA1-26BA-4B98-AED6-B2A306BE9941_zpspfhzsmbd.jpg

That is a really nice car. I always wonder though if having such low mileage at that age is actually a good thing? I mean yes it is good for the body work and interior but what about mechanically, rubber bushes, hoses etc.

Looking through the history on mine (pages and pages of it!) it's had numerous hoses replaced over the years along with replacement suspension bushes and new door seals all round, rubber perishes over time and my car is no different despite its first owner keeping it in a heated garage.

Mines done 56k in 17 years but seems mechanically fine, helped undoubtedly by the previous owner servicing it regardless to the fact it didn't technically need one!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom