BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Quick question about BMW's extended warranty. My dads 2009 e91 suffered a OSF broken spring, which then damaged the wheel and tyre. My dad has the comprehensive cover and BMW are covering the cost of the spring, wheel, alignment and so on, but aren't covering the cost of a new tyre. I understand that tyres aren't covered as such under the warranty, but due to it being damaged as a result of a covered part failing am I wrong to expect that it should be replaced too? The tyre is was only fitted in Feb/March and probably covered less than 3000 miles.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I'm liking it, but, it's a non facelift model, standard seats and ,most crucially, it's a Japanese import - I had enough trouble getting an agreed value for mine even though it was a U.K. Spec car and not imported, had it been imported I couldn't have obtained an agreed value from what I was told by numerous insurers.

I prefer mine.

The seats are loosely stitched, and there all like it, these are the front seats in mine, they are a different style - "comfort seats" but still have the creases.
89EE3EA1-26BA-4B98-AED6-B2A306BE9941_zpspfhzsmbd.jpg

Looking through the history on mine (pages and pages of it!) it's had numerous hoses replaced over the years along with replacement suspension bushes and new door seals all round, rubber perishes over time and my car is no different despite its first owner keeping it in a heated garage.

Mines done 56k in 17 years but seems mechanically fine, helped undoubtedly by the previous owner servicing it regardless to the fact it didn't technically need one!
Aye; yours is much nicer!
Facelift, more modern engine (wouldn't want the old 4.0 V8 thx) and it's in Much better nick. And you have comfort seats ;)

Soldato
Quick question about BMW's extended warranty. My dads 2009 e91 suffered a OSF broken spring, which then damaged the wheel and tyre. My dad has the comprehensive cover and BMW are covering the cost of the spring, wheel, alignment and so on, but aren't covering the cost of a new tyre. I understand that tyres aren't covered as such under the warranty, but due to it being damaged as a result of a covered part failing am I wrong to expect that it should be replaced too? The tyre is was only fitted in Feb/March and probably covered less than 3000 miles.

Can see where you're coming from, but whilst the warranty conditions will state the adjacent mechanical parts are covered (even if otherwise classed wear and tear) as part of a failure of the spring I'm guessing it probably specifically excludes tyres. If this is the case then whilst i'd push it in principle it's probably not going to fly

Caporegime
Never had to regas a car unless it had a fault. Ever.
This, I've noticed my e38's isn't particularly cold (cool, yes) looking through its history it's never been re-gassed and has spent extended periods of not being used and when it was, very little useage,I'm going to get it done soon, I think a re-gas after 17years is probably par for the course, after 3 years though I'd suspect a fault.

Last edited:
Soldato
Came across this 340i. Extended Individual Merino leather, leather dash, Nardo grey!
Spec is epic. €60k for a 340i is mad, but list is over €80!

I can't imagine a dealer has ordered this for his stock and knocks €20k off. Perhaps a cancelled customer order? This thing looks lush.

http://www.autoscout24.eu/Details.aspx?id=318668830

KHSrKVI.jpg

iWrMvfj.jpg

A car they forgot to add paint to and left in its primer? Yeah, stunning :D

Soldato
How did the test drive go @Robi?

I'm now the proud owner of an M135i :p

The actual test drive went really well. It lasted a couple of hours and I had chance to get a good feel for the car on a mixture of all roads. However, the sales process at BMW Barons was absolutely abysmal. I'm in the process of putting together a complaint email to BMW HQ as I walked away feeling deflated. It's a long story and I will explain it at some point for anyone interested, but the entire process was really poor. Arguments between staff in front of me, dire explanation of the sales process and the sales room door adjacent to where I was sitting was left open, so I could clearly see all of the staff targets/cars sold/minimum prices/margins etc. Apparently the car was actually mispriced on the AUC website, it was meant to be £25k. Bit of a saga to say the least.

The car should be delivered later on this week.

Soldato
Congrats!

Not so good about the dealer, but I'm not particularly surprised. Guessing you didn't pay £25k for it? ;)

Got any pics of the car?

I paid the price that was displayed on AUC; £21,994. This was the price agreed at the time of placing the deposit over the phone. The sales exec said they're now making a £500-1000 loss on the car. To be fair, it did appear to be keenly priced as I couldn't find anything similar spec/age/condition wise for the same price.

I only took a couple after the test drive and the dealer photos really don't do it justice. I'll take some more when I accept delivery this week :)

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom