BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Solved my cigarette lighter issue. Feel well stupid but there was a 5p piece stuck in it, must have shorted and blown the fuse but the coin was a right pain to get out as when it shorted it sort of bonded itself to the centre contact. Small screwdriver and a pencil and blutack used to get it out but it took ages, replaced the fuse and all is good.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I'll do a wrote up of the suspension at some point soon to see if I can explain how this 4 wheel steering and adaptive roll bars / dampers make this 5 estate feel like driving an extremely well built punto
Sorry to your hear about your son and accident :(

The trick suspension and 4WS are superb on F10/F07. Made my dad's barge of a 5GT handle supremely well when I was bombing around some twisty autobahn. I know Fox says the dampers are overrated, bla bla bla, but I disagree. They really change the dynamics of the car.

Man of Honour
I don't think they are over-rated at all, Adaptive Drive is excellent - it's VDC on its own that is over-rated. Either full Adaptive Drive or Passive M Sport is the best setup for the F10/F11.

Caporegime
Went to a local Dealer yesterday to pick up a touch up kit only to get into a discussion about my e38 with the sales manager to find they’d like to display my car during an upcoming event and for me to pick what I’d like as a loan car for the duration of its stay, they’ve also agreed to service it more or less in line cost wise with the “Value servicing” price of an e39 535i (the e38 735i isn’t covered under BMW’s value service scheme)
£542 inc VAT for an inspection II, a lot better than the £800+ quotes I’ve previously got! very happy with the result given I want to maintain its BMW history and most impressed with their attitude, so very different from Knights Stoke and Stafford even though this dealer is part of the same group!

Blue Bell BMW, Crewe, Cheshire.

Damn- I can’t upload images for the life of me! :( :o

3X35t3

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Went to a local Dealer yesterday to pick up a touch up kit only to get into a discussion about my e38 with the sales manager to find they’d like to display my car during an upcoming event and for me to pick what I’d like as a loan car for the duration of its stay, they’ve also agreed to service it more or less in line cost wise with the “Value servicing” price of an e39 535i (the e38 735i isn’t covered under BMW’s value service scheme)
£542 inc VAT for an inspection II, a lot better than the £800+ quotes I’ve previously got! very happy with the result given I want to maintain its BMW history and most impressed with their attitude, so very different from Knights Stoke and Stafford even though this dealer is part of the same group!

Good for you! Also more pics thx

Caporegime
Forgot to mention, a while back I posted that my service lights had gone from all green lit (sub 2k since last service reset) to just one green light lit overnight now however the indicator panel doesn’t light up at all!
Any ideas?

I’m guessing maybe there’s a battery pack that’s failed somewhere but Googling “service lights not working” isn’t bringing me any pointers.....

Associate
Well fantastic, my Carver DSP amp seems to have developed a fault as it no longer works, fuse blown and instantly fries the new fuse if I change it. Spoke to a couple of experts in the area who seem to think it’s probably a power supply failure causing a short and overloading the fuse, so off it goes to repair.

Be interesting driving with no music for a week or so!

I was half debating replacing the whole lot for a new HU and amp, but I both hate how aftermarket head units look in the Z4 and really don’t fancy the time and money investment right now.

OcUK Staff

Damn- I can’t upload images for the life of me! :( :o

3X35t3

Ask them for the new M5, otherwise I'd take an M2 to thrash around in.
When I had my CSL BMW Crewe were fantastic and was where most of the M3 owners took their cars for inspection 2, good dealership for servicing and getting test drives as great surrounding roads to play on.

Associate
Like the idea of a used F11 as our next family car. One concern is on the warranty.

As I understand it, it's cheapest to set a monthly renew before it hits 60k, however if we went AUC and based on our usage the car _might_ hit 60k during that first year (i.e. before renewal) would we be out of luck getting that cheaper rate if we did go over?

Also as an unrelated observation it's amazing to me the number of M-Sport that have the postage stamp sized screen, it really looks bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
A quick question - BMW real time traffic info : is it worth £40 a year sub ?

Also as an unrelated observation it's amazing to me the number of M-Sport that have the postage stamp sized screen, it really looks bad.
Yep - i'm looking too, the number of 335d's without Pro Nav and Xenons - seriously :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A quick question - BMW real time traffic info : is it worth £40 a year sub ?

It's £50 a year but yes, it is. If you take one connected drive service, such as RTTI, you also get remote services etc included for free IIRC so you can use the app, send to car for the nav, etc.

I'm so used to it now after having it a year that I get frustrated using nav systems without it :D

Soldato
Ask them for the new M5, otherwise I'd take an M2 to thrash around in.
When I had my CSL BMW Crewe were fantastic and was where most of the M3 owners took their cars for inspection 2, good dealership for servicing and getting test drives as great surrounding roads to play on.

I'm really surprised by that & Scania's post. I actually avoid Crewe as they wouldn't give me the light of day when I asked for a service quote and to get the service pack added to my car. I was told you can't add a service pack to a car after new (you can up until its first service only, which mine was approaching), the BMW website is incorrect and he practically threw a quote at me. This was from the service 'manager' too. When I told him to load up BMW UK's website and check for himself, he refused to and his offer was final.

Less than 12 hours later and a chat to BMW UK to clarify if their website was incorrect or not, I received a phone call from the service manager saying his , and a offer of the service pack for half price which I took. I never returned there for a service since, opting for Stratstone in Derby as it's near my workplace and they've always treated me well (actually just returned from a service today). Credit to BMW UK for stepping in quickly and fixing the issue immediately.

Back
Top Bottom